added power commander...no change....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Default added power commander...no change....

I just bought the power commander and the BMC air filter. I could engine wheelie 1st-2end and it drops when i shift into 3rd(this was before) I try now and I really cant notice a differnace. Will some one comfort me and tell me why i spent the 327.99?? that would be great. Im I college student still and I really cant afford exsaust at the moment. let me know your thoughts and ideas thanks

Old 06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Default RE: added power commander...no change....

did you load a map on the pc?

Old 06-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Yes loading a map that is specific to the mods on your bike will improve the performance.

Sorry to say though that the gains you are going to get in hp are on the top end and you will not really notice them unless you are tracking lap or quarter mile times. On the up side the pc will allow you to know that the air fuel mixture is correct and you are running at peak performance.

If you are looking for a mod that really makes a big difference in the feel of the bike replace your sprockets, -1 front and =2 rear is very popular and will give your bike a real kick in the a$$ that you will notice for sure.

The above -1+2 will take away from the top end, saying that if you used to top out at say 175 know you will top out at 160. But your quickness from 0-100 will be increased substantial. Power wheelies will become a lot easier.

Cost of a sprocket change and putting them on your self is about 50.00. Best bang for your buck. The pc is a great mod and I would not have a FI, fuel injected bike with out one.

Good luck.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:40 AM
1st Gear Member

unless you changed your exhaust u have no need for a pcIII

Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Sprocket change is cheap but you have to get a speedo healer or the speedo will be off. I also agree that a pcIII isn't needed without an exhaust change.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

PC is good for being able to change your AF mix easily, say you live down around sea level, like me, and like to ride canyons that are at 6500 feet, you are leaner and do not have the same performance up at 6500 as you do at sea level. Nice to be able to easily adjust it and be running at peak performance.

It is a luxury mod to say the least though, unless you have a full system, but nice lux if you ask me.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:50 AM

Werd. Yea I see the up side to it, just maybe went about it a$$ backwards. Tis alright, the bike fast as it. just felt like $=hp value here was not was i was thinking. Ill get the rest when im rich!!

Old 06-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Im glad i just read this forum i was just about to buy a commander and i only have a K&N air filter. i will waite 'till i get an exhaust as well

Old 06-26-2006, 06:00 PM

it smoothes out the power output curve. i put mine on and noticed it most in the throttle response. it felt like the throttle had been adjusted and was "tighter". i did it with a slip on though, but have notice a significant difference in the performace of the bike. especailly powering through gears at speed.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:54 AM

I dont think you should be expecting so much after a PC3 + BMC.... if you had an exhaust then thats a different story

Quick Reply: added power commander...no change....