06 636 exhaust help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Default 06 636 exhaust help!!

greetings all. i own an 06 633 and i just registered on here today. love this forum. definitely some cool peeps on here. alright i need help. i have several questions/concerns about getting a new slip-on. i love the 2bros but too much $$. the Akra is quality but pricy too. this leaves the Yosh which seems to be a good deal.

- what do you guys think about the Yosh?
- have anyone heard of any bad reviews on the Yosh?

- i'm thinking about either the stainless or titanium. i assume the stainless steel version is heavier but any other downsides? does it tend to get hotter than the titanium version?

- can i get it without the PC? i definitely don't want any choking or eneven exhaust noise though but i would love to not have to get it if i don't need to. a few extra HP is not that important to me.

i appreciate any input...

Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Default RE: 06 636 exhaust help!!

welcome to the forum congrats on the 633 lol as for the PC you wont need one. dont know much about that exhaust, but keep us posted on what u get. lets see some pics

Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 PM

Welcome to KF bro.
There are a couple of people on here with your set up so be patient and I am sure some will respond soon.
Usually you can install slip on with out the pc but if it is in the budget, it just makes things better.
Good luck

BTW I do like the ti verses the stainless think it just looks cleaner and meaner.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 PM

i've got a full hindle on mine, but i've heard the yoshi slip ons. i actually think that's what my buddy has. every yoshi pipe i've heard sounds great. i don't think you will be dissapointed. they come with a deeper note, instead of that rung out sound of other pipes. just my $.02

welcome to the forum!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

I haven't seen the new 633 yet . Anyways congrats with the new bike, and welcome to the forum. I signed up not to long ago and averyone has been really cool and helpful so you are at the right place. Sorry I don't know anything about the Yosh exhaust, but if you got a Two Brothers I know you would love it[sm=Awwww.gif]

What color didi you get?

Old 02-23-2006, 03:31 AM

Installing a slip on will cause a lean condition that the stock ECU cannot compensate for. The problems range from backfiring to flat spots in the RPM range. The reason for the Power Commander is in the map used to keep the fuel mixture optimal at all RPM. This will in tern help the bike run smoother more efficiently and the bonus is more HP. You can run the bike without the proper fuel mixture for awhile but ultimately it will cause damage to the valves, piston rings and seals ETC...

My advice is to save enough money to buy the PC and the pipe together. Make sure that the PC has a map loaded for the pipe you purchase. It will save you money in the long run and you will be much happier avoiding the headaches of having a new bike running poorly. I don't know how much the PC runs for your model but I do know who you can get the best price from. A friend of mine, Dan Kyle at Kyle USA.

http://www.kyleusa.com/

Call them and Alex will help you out.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:45 AM

I just got my Yosh. It sounds great. I love it. As for a power Commander, I don't have one and haven't had any problems with the bike. I actually talked to a guy who specializes in tuning Kawi sport bikes, and he told me a power commander is a waste of money when you only have a slip-on.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Bike looks awesome cmk827

Question is where did you get the smoked windshield? That looks really good on the bike.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:39 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i was told the same thing on the power commander as cmk was by 3 different shops, one included a call to muzzy. if you run a full header then the pc would fix it but for just a slip on youll be fine.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 PM

If price wasnt an issue, Twobrothers would be your best bet ( in my opinion) I have had both (yoshi and 2bros) and I like the sound quality and resonation of twobrothers better.

Quick Reply: 06 636 exhaust help!!