05' Tankbags - Do they work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Default 05' Tankbags - Do they work?

Anyone tried a magnetic tankbag on their 05' 6R yet? I've been thinking of buying one, but I noticed that the tank is half plastic and I'm not sure if it will work. Anyone have any suggestions on a good tank bag for this model of bike?

Old 06-07-2005, 04:18 AM
Default RE: 05' Tankbags - Do they work?

I bought one, but ended up putting it on my wife's bike instead. Didn't like the idea of the forward magnets just flopping around with nothing to do. I pretty much ride with a backpack if I know I need to carry anything or pickup anything. If its not that big of an item, then I'll just jump on her bike instead.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:26 AM

yeah im pretty sure it will work, but I just bought a icon backpack my self really didnt like the idea of having to ride with a bag in front of you.........you feel me...

Old 06-07-2005, 07:35 PM

The problem I have with backpacks is the extra heat and sweaty back. Plus, I was thinking a tank bag would be something good to rest your chest on when doing some long highway driving.

Has anyone tried any other type of luggage on the 05' 6R? Rear seat bags or saddle bags?

Old 06-07-2005, 08:36 PM

I have yet to find a tank bag that I like, there either too big or flimsy. I ride with an Icon Ti Max jacket and don't have a big problem with excessive heat, my ride to work is 45 mins each way highway miles too. I lay on the tank quite a bit and now think that a bag would not let me get under the windscreen enough to enjoy the ride. It's not uncomfortable laying on the tank either, and I don't even feel the backpack in the wind too. I'm 5'8" 185lbs.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:01 AM

have you tryed looking into the icon prime pack its a small size magnetic tank bag that has straps that come out so you could take it with you like a back pack....

Old 06-09-2005, 07:08 AM

I have look at those but my current backpack holds more (including a water bladder) and I think a tank bag may be in the way when I ride.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:50 AM

the same with me I dont like like the idea of having a bulky object in front of me when im riding....

Old 11-20-2009, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by 209 ninja
yeah im pretty sure it will work, but I just bought a icon backpack my self really didnt like the idea of having to ride with a bag in front of you.........you feel me...
lol i know who did it

Old 11-22-2009, 12:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by burninout
Anyone tried a magnetic tankbag on their 05' 6R yet? I've been thinking of buying one, but I noticed that the tank is half plastic and I'm not sure if it will work. Anyone have any suggestions on a good tank bag for this model of bike?

I got mine while in Germany and it's pretty decent...has magents throughout but have to use the tie downs for the front...I only use it for really long trips(snack foods and what not) DG got me the Icon Squad II...can't ask for a better pack, but it is not comfortable with a jacket that has a speed hump...

Quick Reply: 05' Tankbags - Do they work?