*Edit* E-bay Fairing Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default *Edit* E-bay Fairing Info

E-bay Fairings

This could be a limited incident and could just be a mistake for my fairings only I don't want to give this person a bad name if they don't deserve so if anyone else got some good ones please post here so they don't get a bad name because of one mistake.

However from what I've got sitting in my garage they do a poor job if this isn't limited to just this set. Nothing lines up right, it's missing needed mounts and holes, completely useless I can't even mod them to get them to work right. Way way off on the dimentions.

If this is considered bad form to post something like this let me know I'll delete it but I felt that you guys should know and watch out. May be I just made an idiot move but I really had high hopes for these fairings and got had =(

I've sent them e-mails about it they haven't responded yet but in all fairness it's only been a day or two so that so far is understandable hopefully they will get back to me soon. I hate to make posts like this but like I said I don't want this to happen to someone else. I really had high hopes about getting my bike back on the street but looks like it's going to be awhile yet. Which is unfortunate as I'm due back to work on the 12th after being off for a couple months due to the accident that required me to seek at new fairings. Hopefully I can get his straightened out before the 12th =(

Hope this hasn't happened to anyone else and be safe out there gentlemen, well safer than me lol =)

Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Watch out for these fairings on E-bay horrible fairings...

Pitech does have a 99% pos feedback.
I am curious to know that you got the correct fairings for your ride.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Indeed they do have a high positive rating which is why I hope it's just a mistake. They advertised them as 2005-2006 ZX6R fairings and they match my fairings (2006 ZX6R) in appearance but they are missing mounts, and the front fender doesn't have the holes to mount the clips that hold the brake lines in place (granted I could fix that with a drill but just stating facts) the nose fits over my lights pretty snug but then doesn't line up with my ram air and is pretty far from the fairing stay bracket mount. Also when I turn the handle bar all the way the clutch lever pushes it down as it doesn't give it the correct clearance. Once again I do hope this is a mistake limited to me and I'm not trying to trash someones name for no reason and I hope it is just a single mistake I can easily forgive that no problem. I'm not angry or trying to seek revenge for anything just disappointed is all and I hope to pass on my experience so this doesn't happen to anyone else if it is indeed not a limited mistake, and infact wrong for 2005-2006 ZX6Rs

Old 12-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

looks like the awaited emails are needed to hopefully explain things.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:02 AM

they probably didn't make the hole for the brake line clip cause most people dont install the clips when they change the lines to SS. don't know why the other issues would be there. hopefully they give you a reply soon. i've seen many of their fairings sold but haven't heard alot of complaints on the other forums about them.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I bought a rear hugger from them but the color was way off. The Titanium Silver was Charcoal Gray. They sent a replacement, but it was gray the second time and I just got my money back. I was a good quality hugger however.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I agree about the front fender isn't a big deal to me at all just trying to state as many facts as possible.

I do have an update however. The Nose isn't as bad as I thought. Wanted to test it out so I got my buddies 05 ZX6R and took his nose of his bike and tried to mount it on mine. Was about the same distance off as the fairings I got from E-bay which is still a ways off but push hard enough and at the right places and it will fit lol... So I would like to offically take back my statement as far as the nose goes.

Still bummed about that tail though. Got a reply back from them that went as such....

Quoting Matt <Knight.Hawk@gte.net>:this is how all the fairings come ,
are made. If you want i do have the undertail for $ 99.00 shipped to
you. thank you

> Hi, I purchased a set of your fairings from Ebay (130047913979)
> My user name is TheMaverick86
>
> I recieved the fairings but they are missing the mounts for the tail
> light. As these are my street fairings I need them to be street
> legal and I won't be able to use these without being able to mount
> my Taillight. They seem to have some other design flaws I was
> wondering if this was just a mistake with mine and wanted to know if
> we could work something out and I can send back the parts that
> aren't correct and you could mail out the correct ones

There response is on top to my e-mail on the bottom.

After my recent discovery it would seem the only real problem is just the mount for the tail light. Not so bad I suppose. I'm sure there is a way to fix it as well. Anyways guess I was mistaken and I'd like to apologize for that I'll just have to find away to fix the tail it would seem. *shrugs*