New ZX14...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up New ZX14...

Please advise what is the best way to break it in...
I already have 130 Miles and I already did a few 7000RPM!!! fast bike, but is it okay to be hard on it at the begining?
Thank you for any suggestions.
LCL

Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I would at least keep it under 4000 until 600 miles. After the oil change, it says stay under 6000 for the next 400-600 miles. The first 600mi are the most important though. I broke mine in easy, and it runs like a smooth rocket ship now.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I would change the oil to get the aluminum gunk out of the motor right now, and keep the R's under 6000 RPM's until you have a thousand miles on the clock.
Actually, if you dont do the 7000 RPM rip during the first 20 miles to seal the rings, you might as well follow Kaws break in procedure. I do not agree with thrashing a new bike until it is properly broken in.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Break - IN

Originally Posted by supercop2469
I would at least keep it under 4000 until 600 miles. After the oil change, it says stay under 6000 for the next 400-600 miles. The first 600mi are the most important though. I broke mine in easy, and it runs like a smooth rocket ship now.
Thanks for your answer, I will follow your advice, it is very reasonable.
By the way, what a great bike, it is the biggest bike I ever had, I have been riding cycles for 29 years this month, I am also a safety officer in the aviation industry, so I tend to keep the blue side up, but this bike has a lot of power.

I wonder if you can give me some ideas to make my BLUE ZX14 stand out a bit more in terms of adding accessories or else. I appreciate any inputs.
Take care and best regards, and ride safely.
Brazeagle.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default CAHNGING OIL " right now "

Originally Posted by Worlok14
I would change the oil to get the aluminum gunk out of the motor right now, and keep the R's under 6000 RPM's until you have a thousand miles on the clock.
Actually, if you dont do the 7000 RPM rip during the first 20 miles to seal the rings, you might as well follow Kaws break in procedure. I do not agree with thrashing a new bike until it is properly broken in.
Thank you for your comments.
Please advise if it is really necessary to change the oil now, I only have 150 Miles on it, and unfortunately the bike is stored until next time I go home (OCT), I work overseas most of the time.

Do you think changing the oil now, before my next ride and then store it for winter is a good option? should I ride now in OCT and then change the oil for storing the bike until next year when I am back again, or should I just wait until next year to do a oil change.
I appreciate you advice on this,
Best regards and keep it safe.
brazeagle

Old 10-05-2008, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

If you've already hit 7000rpm, I would change the oil now. If you can put a few easy miles on the new oil after changing it.

As far as making it stand out...I bought the midnight blue 08 because I like it to stand out a little sitting still, but while riding I don't want to stand out. If I'm acting the fool a little, all they can say is: "He had a black bike, jacket and helmet" But, that's just me.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Luiz, post up a pic of your bike, where you live, and maybe a shot of the places you work if you get a chance.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile Thanks for all the messages...Bike pictures!

Originally Posted by deej
Hey Luiz, post up a pic of your bike, where you live, and maybe a shot of the places you work if you get a chance.
Hello Deej and everyone else, thanks for all the inputs.
I would love to add some pictures of place I go, my bike and other interesting stuff around the world...

Unfortunatelly, there is a problem with my profile and I am not able to add more than on SMALL picture, it gives me errors. I tried working in different computers and IT just does't work.

Anyway, thanks all and keep in touch,
Luiz

Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 AM
1st Gear Member

braz, just try to change the oil before 300 miles or so, and definately before it gets stored. Also put a battey tender on it while in storage to keep your battery from sulfating.
As far as standing out, the 14 just naturally does that, but I got a dark wind screen, muzzy megaphone exhaust system, and nitrous. Since it is passion red, loud as hell, with a NOS tank hanging on the side, it stands out more than I want it too sometimes. But most of the time, I like that!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Ride that thing year round and make it do what it do! Storage!

Quick Reply: New ZX14...