ZX12 engined hillclimb car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Default ZX12 engined hillclimb car.

Got on here, not because I have a Kawasaki bike, but because my son and I are presently putting the finishing touches to a Kawasaki ZX12R engined single seater hillclimb car, and this has got to be the place for help and tips.

I am indeed a motorcyclist and have been for the last 45 years (I'm 60). Present rides include a 2004 Yamaha FJR 1300 and a 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200, plus a fairly extensive collection of old motorcycles. 24 year old son Josh rides a Honda 400 enduro bike.

I had togive up motor racing competitively myself on doctor's orders some years ago(heart problems and motor racing don't mix) but son Josh has been doing a fair bit of competitive hillclimbing, and the class in which he is racing is superbly competitive and friendly. Cars in the class include a couple of Honda Blackbird enginedcars, a couple of Yamaha R1 engined cars, my nephew's Suzuki GSXR 1200engined Van Diemen, and now Josh's JBR2 with ZX12R power.

The JBR2 car has run most of last season with a 1500 Mini engine (8 port head and all the fancy bits). First competitive outing with the ZX12 is scheduled for this coming weekend.

Biggest headache has been trying to trick the ECU to do what we want it to, and not what Kawasaki had planned it to do. I've become quite a wiring expert in the process and have Kawasaki wiring diagrams coming out of my ears. But we've now got it running and will take it to the track for a first test tomorrow, weather permitting.

We've had plenty of help and support from the local Kawasaki distributors M& A Motorcycles, who Josh and I would like to take this opportunity to thank.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Default RE: ZX12 engined hillclimb car.

Not a knock on this forum, but Bikeland.com has a ZX12R forum where the guys are super up to date on all things ZX12. If tech info on the ZX12R engine is what you are looking for try out that forum.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Default RE: ZX12 engined hillclimb car.

ORIGINAL: muleskinner

Not a knock on this forum, but Bikeland.com has a ZX12R forum where the guys are super up to date on all things ZX12. If tech info on the ZX12R engine is what you are looking for try out that forum.
Thanks mate. Will do.

We missed Sunday's hill climb because the car is going through drive shafts like I go through breakfasts. We took it to the hrack twice to test last week, and went through 3 drive shafts in as many minutes running, so I'm afraid it's back to the drawing board.

And we'd better be quick for there's another event in a couple of weeks.

Will keep you all posted.