Best Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Default RE: Best Exhaust

The way i remember things from my racing days is longer pipes with smaller size creates considerable more tourqe. the flip side is shorter larger pipes create more top end. the idea of the butterfly is to restrict the exuast at lower throttle and rpm positions to create the back preasure needed for tourqe.back preasure helps draw more fuel and less air into the combustion chamber at low speed due to the negative atmosphere created as the valves are in overlap.and then as r's come up with more throtle and fuel the butterfly opens to alow more airflow for better breathing.Kind of gives the best of both worlds. of course this is apied theory and actual results may vary.The way cats are made these days for hi po aplications their is very little loss thru them making removal much less needed.I think that i will stay with the stock pipes for now. they sound pretty good to me and my wallet is going to be hurting for a few after getting the new ride.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 AM

Ill find out next week as the shop where I buy is having a dyno day. put my theory to the test. hope to find someone with a stock bike with just pipes and compare to mine.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: riden a little loose

The way i remember things from my racing days is longer pipes with smaller size creates considerable more tourqe. the flip side is shorter larger pipes create more top end. the idea of the butterfly is to restrict the exuast at lower throttle and rpm positions to create the back preasure needed for tourqe.back preasure helps draw more fuel and less air into the combustion chamber at low speed due to the negative atmosphere created as the valves are in overlap.and then as r's come up with more throtle and fuel the butterfly opens to alow more airflow for better breathing.Kind of gives the best of both worlds. of course this is apied theory and actual results may vary.The way cats are made these days for hi po aplications their is very little loss thru them making removal much less needed.I think that i will stay with the stock pipes for now. they sound pretty good to me and my wallet is going to be hurting for a few after getting the new ride.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I could not find an aftermarket full set that could use the heavy butterfly assembly! I will still keep the stock, but went with the Beet Nassart in the end. Will baseline it this week with stock then do another after my goodies are installed.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:06 AM

i have an 07 zx10r, i got the two brothers high mount tucked under the tail a bit and it sounds awsome ripping down the road.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I am trying to post a vid greenteam77 on the beet full at 13k. To me, that sounded pretty cool as well. Not down the road though.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Anybody know about Devil exhaust products? Truthfully I would be more into the sound at my riding level. The ZX10 is a nasty beast, but sounds like a kitten with stock pipes. Devil slip-ons look pretty sick with the carbon fiber design. Has anybody tried out this product yet.

http://www.devilexhaust.us/gb/moto/r...ux_carbone.cfm

Old 09-13-2007, 08:51 PM

I have 2 05 ZX10r's 1-stock 1-akro, pc, etc. 6th gear roll on's from 40mph w/my son on it (175lbs) will jump out by by about 50yds +. till about 130mph. Running through the gears from 6k, modified bike will smoke the stock one.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Understood that one crash. here are the diff between stock and aftermarket. Some tweaking of the engine listed. https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_185876/tm.htm

Old 09-16-2007, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Dragone- I'm confused by your numbers. I dynoed my 07 ZX10R and had 161 HP and 79.2 Foot pounds of Torque (sp) All I have done if the Yoshi R22 exhaust, and there just slip on's. I'm in michigan. With all the mod's I would think you would be closer to 175-180.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I did not say that it was the best numbers out there for a 10r. But with the run ambient temp and altitude, was not half bad.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust