won't stay running

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: won't stay running

ORIGINAL: joeyv69ragtop
I had the fuel petcock off. It must let just enough fuel through to run for a few minutes before whatever fuel supply got by it runs out and the thing stalls. I had assumed the notch in the petcock indicated the position it was in, but until i took a closer look last night i didnt realize there was an arrow on the handle, as well as no way for me to actually turn the gas off if the notch was the indicator.
[sm=sigh.gif]
Yup, I wouldn't have admitted that

Old 05-24-2007, 02:15 PM

lol, either would a lot of other people, I'm sure. At leaast now you know how little knowledge I have pertaining to these bikes, and that you must speak v e r y s l o w l y when you explain things to me.

On the plus side I'm finally registeredfor the MSF. Sucks it is an hour away and will severely mess with my work schedule, plus it is not until the end of june. Oh well, it will be well worth it.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

it will be worth it. when you're done with the course, you won't forget things like turning on the pet **** for the fuel before you go riding. hee hee hee... i forgot mine a few times, buti was on the way to work, and i realized what happened, and just reached down and turned it on while rolling. you'll get the hang of it!

Mike

Old 06-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Yeah, I forgot it again this weekend and just reached down like you said. I'm pretty excited for the MSF course. My folks are all about me going... "all I can think of is that guy that died last year on a motorcycle" seriously, what about all the people that die in cars, epecially the three guys from Buffalo that got hit head-on by a cop while they were on vacation... so sad.[sm=smiley6.gif]

here's a recap of the weekend...
"hey, i got some news. you might not like it but i want to tell you anyways"
"okay..."
"i got a motorcycle"
"where do you have it?"
"in the shed"
"so thats why you have the lawnmower in your garage instead. at least now you can keep the motorcycle in the garage and put your other stuff in the shed"
"yeah.. well the shed sucks anyways"
"why did you get a motorcycle?"
"always wanted one"
"oh, I didnt know that"
"yeah"
"okay, ill tell your father when he gets home, you can bring it over"

so i finish mowing the lawn for my stepmom, and she decides to wait until the next day... friday afternoon rolls around. she decides that my grandma should be spared this tidbit of info, so we'll all quiet about it. then when im alone with my dad..
"since you're to chicken to tell me yourself, what did you get"
"kawasaki"
"okay.. its not big is it?"
"500... practically the smallest bike out there"
"..." - somehting about being safe.. only son kind of stuff.
"i'll be safe, taking the class"
"okay, goodluck"

That was a lot easier than I expected. My mom and my sister gave me a lot of grief. that is until my sister came over and got on the bike and decided it was cool enough to not hassle me. I was watching my neice and we were at the neighbor's chitchatting. i go home to see if my sister is there is shes got my helmet on and sitting on the bike waitin for me to give her the key. No way in hell i'm going to let her ride it, so i take the helmet, cruise up and down the road, then let her BF give it a shot. amazing how someone can change their tune so quickly. the BF has been bugging her about getting one again (he used to before they met) i think now she'll let him.

-Joe