Stuff I did this winter

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Stuff I did this winter

Pulled the bike out of the house Friday. Played Saturday, not a bad time considering the sand on some of the roads and not having ridden since Dec. Road to work today in the rain. New Sonic springs on the front, great! New horn, FIAM. I had picked up a relay to wire it in, but on a whim just plugged it in to see if it would let the smoke out of the wires and everything worked fine. Risers from Larry's. Gerbings Classic gloves, heavenly! I ran the wire from the battery out of the front of the seat and stick it in my tank bag. When I put on my jacket I pull a wire thru with each hand so the connection is hanging out in front and reaches right up into the tank bag where I hook into the heat controller. I didn't even put on the hippo hands. Did I mention that even though the gloves were made in China, back ordered and expensive they are heavenly.Still working on keeping cr^p from the front wheel from coating the engine. Perhaps another Fenda Extenda on the other Fenda Extenda. Waiting on one more treat from Germany, can you say Wilbers? I let you know if it was worth it soon or if I was just kidding my self. All most forgot. I pulled the plugs on the pilots and backed them out 1 1/2 turns. They weren't even before, perhaps when I learn to "synchro" the carbs I'll see why they weren't even. Seems to run well though. Only 44 mpg, but I am kinda heavy, I ride with tank and saddlebags at an indicated 75 ish on the four lane, for safety of course, wouldn't want to get run over.

Remember it's a new season take it easy, I've already seen a GSX under a pick up truck on I-481. They called him speedy for short, but not for long. That's not fair, I don't know if it was the riders fault, what I do know is that from the looks of things right and wrong didn't matter.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Stuff I did this winter

you can't make a thread/post like this without pics.......come on mane