Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Re-design coming?

I have an 07 civic, it is a fun little car, but nothing beats riding...period

Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: calamarichris

"Make us a bike that looks like the Triumph Bonneville and we'll be waiting in line to buy it."
LOL who said that?

Old 02-05-2008, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dragknee
ORIGINAL: calamarichris
"Make us a bike that looks like the Triumph Bonneville and we'll be waiting in line to buy it."
LOL who said that?
Every mouth-breathing American in 1999, exactly like these jokers in here. Kawasaki wasn't even going to import the W650 into the US, but a determined letter-writing campaign eventually pursuaded them to go through all the trouble and expense of importing the bike here. (Thank you Harley-Davidson lobby for making it so expensive for anyone to import bikes into this backwoods, inbred/hillbilly nation).

That's the beauty of it. These guys can all whine, bitch and pine: wouldn't-it-be-neat-if-we-got-THAT-bike?!?-I-know-I'd-buy-one!!1!, then after the hapless manufacturer answers their requests, we can stroke our beards, cluck our tongues, not buy them and chuckle "Whose idea was it to bring THAT bike here? lol"

Silver-spoon with a paper-plate, mink-coats & no-manners: Americans have no damned taste.
-CCinC
I'm mighty glad I got mine before they stopped importing them, (AND that I wasn't part of the letter-writing campaign that brought them here):

This bike was here BEFORE Triumph's new Bonneville, it looks and sounds better, comes with kick- AND electric-start, centerstand, tachometer, knee-pads and a bunch of other little things that the already-overpriced Neo-Bonnie should have had, but didn't.
And while W650's sat unpurchased on showroom floors, do you know what Triumph's best-selling motorcycle in this country for that year was? Nyargh, the Bonneville-America. A Bonnie posing as a Harley:

Americans have no damned taste.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

soundslike the rantings of someone bitter over something from their past.

i fail to see how i am saying ANYTHING like what you just ranted about. i'm not talking about bringing a new bike into the states. i'm not talking about harleys, i'm barely even talking about making any changes to the product itself.

I'm talking about the fact that the 500 already fits the image of a small touring bike more than an actual sportbike. so why not nudge it a little in that direction with some add-on creature comforts and market it as the light weight sport touring bike with better fuel economy on a budget minded pricetag.

as i see it right now the 500 doesn't properly fit into either category.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Heh-heh...perhaps not fitting 'properly' into any of your categories is why it has been such a perfect bike, that they haven't had to change a thing since 1994.

Funny thing, a lightweight sport touring bike with better fuel economy on a budget-minded pricetag becomes a little less so when you start adding 'creature comforts'.

If you want the creature comforts, you can always add 'em yourself. I still maintain that Americans have no damned taste. Ever been to Graceland?

-CCinC

Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

never been.

some americans have no taste like many europeans have no taste. "taste" in material objects is a cultural phenomenon. People tend to like what they were raised with. growing up i loved ninjas, and eventually after i had time to forget the obsession i ended up with a ninja out of pure luck and cercomstance.