put her down...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member
Default put her down...

i was out riding today on my 600 runnin thru the twisties havin a blast when outta nowhere city maintenance ends....nothin like a 50 mph blast onto loose thick gravel...needless to say the bike went down fairly fast ....much faster than i hoped anyways, it slid out from under me and droppedme. we slid 10-20 ft on oursides (the bike and me)i stood right up afterwards walked over and after 3 attempts to lift that heavy @ss beast(400ish lbs) we both were upright and ready to go. the bike took one hell of a beating but i simply dusted myself off and i was fine,,,normally i wouldnt prolly post this here due to the fact it was a 600rr i was riding ...but i did start my motorcycle forums here i also learned the value of riding gear here (not to b confused w/ shorts and a t shirt) the bike will b cosmetically fixed but i wont need anything

on a side note i was 50 miles from home when i went down...i drove the bike home and it seemed to b fine i didnt have any troubles other than the rear brake pedal was broke so i bent it out so i could still use it.

so thanks guys if it wasnt for these forums i wouldnt have bother buyin any gear, cause none of my friends wear any b/c they claim they dont need it .....lol

Name:  100_2729.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  94.1 KB
Name:  100_2728.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  115.9 KB

Old 01-28-2008, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: put her down...

Glad to hear you are all right. I was in my full leathers one day getting gas. A guy asked me if I planned on crashing today. I told him no, I plan on walking away from it.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Congratulations! I'm earnestly happy for you.
Any crash you can walk away from (even limp away from) is cause for a toast.
Plastic-shmastic--I'd walk the whole 50 miles home with a smile on my face the whole way if the bike had been totally destroyed, the victory is in walking away. That your bike wasn't totalled is just icing on the cake.
I hope you never have a crash serious enough that it makes you appreciate how lucky you were today.
Thanks for posting, and for wearing your gear!
-CCinC

Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: calamarichris
Thanks for posting, and for wearing your gear!
+1 Too bad about the scratches, but could have been worse
Now sue the city for not putting up signs

Old 01-30-2008, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks guys.... i was told that my helmet was covered by my policy so im gonna turn it in...why take the chance just in case

so far everything seems to b doin good ...the honda dealership didnt hold anything back on the estimate, even found some things i didnt notice. according to the shop manager it will look better than off the showroom floor once he is done w/ it.....minus the scrapper(the little peg under the foot rest)the ins guy rejected which costs $1.46...i may splurge and buy that on my own lol....

on the city signs ....idk how other states are but misery doesnt do that...um i mean missouri :P

Old 01-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

bummer on the off. Nice job as mentioned above in wearing your gear. glad that you are ok.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

thanksfor the support ....after a talk w/ the local honda dealer...looks like im outta pocket $10. they also agreed to install the frame sliders in the agreed price as well. so next tuesday she goes under the knife :P

Old 02-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

What was the grand total for repairs if you do not mind the asking.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad to see your still here, and the bike will survive (bonus!)

Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow that could have been really bad, the bike looks good, engine and the rest still ok? Glad you walked away.

Quick Reply: put her down...