one problem down...next...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: one problem down...next...

From what you mentioned, volts were the same, amps were down ie watts. You went lower watts and still blew. Something other than the bulbs may be amiss. Connectors may be your next test.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:07 AM
1st Gear Member

is it possible the + and - were backwards...or is that even a possibility? since the bulb does have the pegs that force it to fit one way?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Pegs? I think molex. Doubtfull.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

not sure what molex means...but i shortened the fuel line by bout 6 inches and did the http://www.81x.com/MEANMACHINERA/BlankPage/adjustment /wink wink

bike seems no change for the better ..but even better is no change for the worse for the time...
i hope this fuel line works right id like to simply ride it a few weeks w/o worrying about pushin it

Old 09-04-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

i think the length of the line is fine... mine is just about that long. as long as the fuel source is above where it goes into the carbs, gravity will take care of it...

you said you popped the cap and drove 30 miles. did it die it after that?

in the other thread you were talking about you having to pop the gas tank... the vent in the cap is plugged, causing a vacuum which holds the gas in the tank, not letting it flow out. its just like a gasoline can. they have that little vent on the back that you open when you want to pour it out, otherwise it comes out very slowly. same physics apply here. if there is a vacuum at the top of the gas tank, it will not want to come out the petcock. when you open the carbs, it breaks the vacuum, which is why it will run again for a bit.

take your gas cap off, and take it apart and clean it.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

yes it did die after poppin the cap, it didnt help any,and if u look at the pic i posted u will see that the fuel line drops well below the carbs then loops back up over them. my fuel line now is 8-9 inches long where as b4 it was almost 17 inches long.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

From what you mentioned, volts were the same, amps were down ie watts. You went lower watts and still blew. Something other than the bulbs may be amiss. Connectors may be your next test.
well i replaced both parking blinker lights and the one still wont blink...so it appears i have connector issues on that side...any tech forums on those or is it easier to replace the whole parking light?

Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I do not think that there is a tech forum specific for your issue. However, with the molex off of the bulb, use your little pencil light/probe and see if it flashes at the molex with the flasher on. I think that I may have a similar situation when I get my ride back from the shop. (The front section is off of the ride, I wanted to make it easier on the mechanic for dropping the engine. Right now, I have a rear signal that is constantly lit.) Will tear into that hopefully soon.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:33 PM

I dropped my bike and snapped the right front blinker off. It still works. the right blinker does not. It efuses to blink at all which causes the rear to fast blink. turn out when the right blinker snapped off it ripped the wires out of the left blinker. triple check your electrical connections to the housings... those slip connectors can look good and still not make a solid connection.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

well i dug out my multi meter and test light a 6 pack(mr pibb) and sat down beside my bike ready for hell...pulled the light socket apart andfixed the springy thingy, blinker still dont work ..decided to go after the wires, grabbed the bundle, cut the zip tie, and pulled them down. the first wire connector i grabbed out of the bundle the wire slid right out nice n easy all fixed and it blinks fine yeah for me! lol

thanks for all the insight

Quick Reply: one problem down...next...