middle fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 07:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: middle fairing

The 14 is a big bike. Even much bigger than a busa. But those bikes aren't really meant to turn i guess. I dunno if i would say it's the best bike offered by Kawi, but it's definately the fastest bike offered by anyone. And yes ... it's sick

Have you riden or sat on one yet?

Old 10-11-2006, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: pangerang

The 14 is a big bike. Even much bigger than a busa. But those bikes aren't really meant to turn i guess. I dunno if i would say it's the best bike offered by Kawi, but it's definately the fastest bike offered by anyone. And yes ... it's sick

Have you riden or sat on one yet?
I meant the best sportbike offered by Kawi......if I am wrong here, please let me know. And no, I havent sat on one yet.

galen31075 Date 10/10/2006 11:45:11 PM
the white 14 is sick (not sick-eww but sick-hot). black=stealth is always good.
I was thinking of going with the blue for the 'being seen better' factor. Although, I actually want to go with Kawi green but they dont offer that in the 14.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my98_500r

I meant the best sportbike offered by Kawi......if I am wrong here, please let me know. And no, I havent sat on one yet.
Well, best is all relative. It's definately a monster, and a lot of the reviewers really liked it. Some of my buddies got the busa instead of the 14 just because the busa was smaller. You should go to a bike shop that has one and check it out. I was suprised by the size of the 14. Don't get me wrong, it's a real nice bike, but it's just too big to be nearly as fun as the 500 around twisties and such imo. Just a different machine. If you end up getting it, you're definately going to have to let us know how it rides (going from a 500)

Old 10-11-2006, 03:20 PM

Panit it bro, have the first green 14 (even sounds good) around here. Maybe then Kawi will smarten up and make em green. But since it's to be a 'busa slayer they have to kinda follow what Suzuki did with theirs and make it look like none of their other bikes.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM

yes...as a vetran painter I could paint it green no problem. We will see. I just like Kawi green. And when I get it (which may be a little while) I will definatly post pics and tell how I like it. Im not real good with photoshop, but I may try making a pic of a 14 Kawi green and see if I even like it. Chances are I will.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my98_500r

well its not like Im a beginner biker, have rode alot in my life on all kinds of bikes. Now I know this is different, but Im not some random dumb-***, I know control and I am VERY prepared to use it with one of those. The only reason Im actually getting the 14 is, its the best Kawi has to offer, and since Im wanting to buy a new bike, I want the best sportbike offered by Kawi. Please dont take this the wrong way, I am just trying to explain myself here, and my reasons for wanting the 14.
Cafeful what you wish for, you might get it, with the depreciation and payment book to boot!!!, I bought a ZZR1200 for mostly the same reasons you were stating, best they had. WRONG! I needed a bike in the garage that could carry 2, dualsports and supermotos do not lend themselves to 2 up riding unless, like my brother you are 5'4 and 130#, I'm not either. I went through a new one that I took a financial bath on( about $4500 lost) and another used one I got in a good deal from a friend that I broke even on, waste of time but I finally learned something, riding while forcing restraint is not fun. These are far too fast and heavy to be any fun for me. The last time I rode the later 1200 I found myself cruising along at 90+ on a 40 MPH road with the wife on the back, WHOA! Dial it back down and shift at 2200 RPM, lug,,,,,lug,,,,,lug all day long,,,,, enter a highway and let her loose for about 2.5 seconds and your doing 80-90, gets boring really fast too. I've been an enthusiast/rider for 27 years, raced MX for 10 and like pushing a bike a bit, these bikes are a slight wrist tweak, not a twist, that can bring instant disaster, from doubling the limit and far exceeding the safe conditions of your normal street in the USA. I got back to basics with the 500, felt like a RD400, or as close as you can buy here in 2006. Sure it needs some tweaking and an update would bring some nice stuff but it hauls 2 just fine, and can easily push past the safe limits on the street while flipping about lightly and easily, costs next to nothing in motorcycle terms and will not likely be considered a theft target like a ZX anything, GSXR, YZF, etc. I can use 50-60% of the engine on the 500 all day long, do not try that on a big bore. You end up using about 10-15% of the bikes capability day in and day out with that millisecond blast that you more than likely shouldn't be experiencing on the street anyway. This is, of course, just my opinion and experience, best of luck to you whatever you decide to buy/ride and stay safe. Write me back in a few years and let me know if you end up agreeing with me. Jim

Old 10-11-2006, 07:48 PM
1st Gear Member

as for best sportbikedepends on what you are looking for. if you spend all your time at the strip go with the 14, but if you like the twisties i would say go smaller, but its still a preference, your bike is who you are, find one that defines you.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 PM

Great advice here. LOL.....Dammit JJM, you sound right, but, I still have to have the 14! No payments, Im payin cash. And Im starting to think I may keep my 500 too, just for the simple fact of me and my son going riding together (he is 12). What you said makes alot of sense, and I do thank you for that awsome input. And on a side note, forced restaint is a way of life. I just got rid of my Eclipse that was one fast son-of-a-bitch. I bought it wrecked and fixed it, but somewhere down the line this car had ALOT of **** done to it. A bike is no different IMO, dont max it out and things are safer. I didnt say accident proof...I said SAFER. Again, thanks for the advice.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:25 AM

Why did you get it? Just for looks?

Old 10-12-2006, 02:04 AM

not just for looks, cause its fast, and I do plan on tacking it to the track when I work up the courage. And btw...I havent got it yet. Will be a little while.

Quick Reply: middle fairing