Gas tank hose locations....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Default Gas tank hose locations....

I've got a small gas leak. There are 2 hoses (red and blue labelled) near the forward right portion of the tank hooked up to little, metal routing pipes. The only problem is, the little metal pipes aren't hooked up to anything! It's an 89, and I understand 2 hoses from the tank go to the routing pipes a little forward of the tank, but they're not hooked up. I only bought the bike a couple of months ago and haven't ridden it frequently due to a engine that needed to be replaced, so I can only assume the hoses were gone before I bought the bike. Now my question is... where to I route those hoses? I looked under the seat at the diagram, and it's showing that they should be going to a canister of some sort (emissions I'm guessing... I don't know if it's a Cali bike), ut it says nothing about it in the clymer manual, let alone pictures of where it is. The clymer manual is great to usually give you a good idea about what things look like, but can skimp in some areas such as this one. Where should I be routing these hoses? I figure, the quicker I can get them hooked back up, the quicker I can get back on the road.

I live in seattle, so I've got a good few weeks of fairly dry comfortable ride time left if I can just get this fixed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!