Best Sounding Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Default Best Sounding Exhaust??

I just purchased a Ninja EX-500
The exhaust on it now is decent (it is a 1990).
What are your guys' opinions on best sounding exhaust I can put on a 1990 EX-500?

Old 05-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Default RE: Best Sounding Exhaust??

i dunno, i have a muzzy, and it sounds good.......not sure what else is out there for a 500.

Old 09-02-2006, 03:31 AM

me personaly i dont care for the full systems so on my next paycheck im ordering Sarachu slip ons.....i hear they are loud and thats what i want...the loader the better

Old 09-03-2006, 09:46 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Stock is best. Mr. Kawasaki knows a good deal more about making his bikes fast than Mr. Akrapovich and Mr. K&N.

And the best part is that most police officers have been conditioned to equate speed with sound. It's true! I ride stock exhaust on all my bikes and the LEOs don't even give me a second look when I tear past at 15 mph over the posted speed limit.
Why, because all of the poor dummies on straight-pipe Harleys and loud aftermarket exhausts on sportbikes have made it easy for the cops.
If we were all gazelles on the African plain and the police were lions, loud pipes would be the equivalent of other gazelles volunteering to wear belled collars to announce to the lion that dinner's on the way.

Stealthbikes rule!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:53 AM

i second that even though I am getting sarachus...i was going 20 over in the middle of traffic which i go through everyday to school and he saw me and i looked at him in the corner of my eye when he was on the side of the road and he didnt seem to care any.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 PM

If you are looking for loud and obnoxious exhaust sound for a 500R, a Vance and Hines full system is just that. I bought one for my 06 500R and I found it just too loud and sold it on E-Bay the next day and went back to the stock setup. Also, if you choose to go with a full system, especially one that exits on the right hand side, you will have to remove your center stand and either shim or totally remove your lower fairing. No one seemed to be able to tell me why you had to remove the center stand since the header or the can did not interfere with its movement but as soon as I rolled it forward off the center stand after installation I found out why. If you look at your left side stock header / can, you will notice a flat tab welded to the bottom of the stock pipe in front of the can, that is where the center stand sits on its rubber stop to keeps the stand from rubbing on the chain. Without that stock pipe with the built in stop in place, the center stand spring pulls the center stand up and would rub on the chain and that wouldn't be a good thing. I hope this helps you.

Tim

Old 09-07-2006, 09:34 PM
GC
1st Gear Member

05blk500r, did you get your exhaust installed yet? Any impressions?
Also interested in the ease of install (looks like cake).

Let us know!

GC

Old 09-08-2006, 12:13 AM

i will let you know, i havent got them yet i have an unexpexted mishap w/ my mustang, she was leaking gas from somewhere so i had to use the money to fix that...but othere than that it will be about a week now before i can get them.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:14 AM

when i do ill be posting sound clips and video clips on streetfire.net so everyone with the questions can see....

Old 09-14-2006, 09:11 AM

this isnt me but heres a great example of sarachu's http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7252&q=sarachu

Quick Reply: Best Sounding Exhaust??