500 MOD LIST.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 500 MOD LIST.....

~ZZR600 mirrors (and yes, the Emgo's are cheaper)
~Racetech springs, oil and cartridge emulators in the forks
~Smaller fairing screws from the ZX9R/6R (they give it that Howard-Hughes, smooth-as-a-baby's-butt profile.)
~Pilot screws backed out 1/3-turn from stock setting

And coming soon...
~Ohlins shock (to be ordered after Xmas)
~Fairing and underside of fuel tank lined with sound-damping foam from stock ZX9R/6R
~Meticulously adjusted valve clearances
~Meticulously synchronized carbs (these last two are better than any aftermarket pipe, IMO.)

Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM

Heres a pic with its clothes off.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3848/298F5583AFBD42B6A14B1D1F02C2A9C6.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Get er done!

Old 12-15-2006, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: calamarichris

~ZZR600 mirrors (and yes, the Emgo's are cheaper)
~Racetech springs, oil and cartridge emulators in the forks
~Smaller fairing screws from the ZX9R/6R (they give it that Howard-Hughes, smooth-as-a-baby's-butt profile.)
~Pilot screws backed out 1/3-turn from stock setting

And coming soon...
~Ohlins shock (to be ordered after Xmas)
~Fairing and underside of fuel tank lined with sound-damping foam from stock ZX9R/6R
~Meticulously adjusted valve clearances
~Meticulously synchronized carbs (these last two are better than any aftermarket pipe, IMO.)
Wow, you have been busy, not bad for 10 days. The new mirrors look great, has to be one of the best and simplest mods for this bike. How does the new fork setup compare?

Old 12-15-2006, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Nuts. Ohlins doesn't make a shock for our bike. Bizarre...

Thanks for the kind compliment Prom,
It's already dark when I get off work anymore and all my Xmas shopping is done, so the only activities left are get drunk, shop for women in internet personals, or screw around in the garage. (heh--just kidding.)
I cannibalized the Racetech internals from the previous 500 I totalled. At first I didn't like them because I thought the plushness made the front end feel vague. But that was just because I'd been accustomed to feeling the usual reassuring jolts from sharp-edged bumps. They also dive a little less when you nail the front brakes.
The only real problem is the bike feels imbalanced when you have the front done up nicely, but still have the original non-adjustable stock shock on the rear.
I'd gotten spoiled riding around on my 9R with the Ohlins shock. I've heard people complain about Ohlins, but it has such a wide-range of adjustability, I suspect these people complaining about them simply aren't taking the time to fiddle with all the adjusters.
Tonight I'm going to tighten up the preload on Sue's (the new green bike's name) shock and see if my old 9R shock might bolt into place. Probably not because of the reservoir poking out the top of it, but if it does, at least I'll have some adjustability back there.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:53 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Nuts. Ohlins doesn't make a shock for our bike. Bizarre...
Does Penske, elkin or fox have a shock for it?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 PM

all rite thats it, i don't normally give out my mod tricks or tell any thing about a project untell its done. but i feel like i don't all have bad moto karma. o.k. first off the painting of wind screens, any two stage paint or pearl could be used and would still be useable. the black does look cool and sinister, but compleatly useless if you want to see through it try black pearl. to prep surface use 1500 or 2000 grit wet dry wet sand the side to be painted(what sand a clear plastic window) yes i know it sounds screwy,after the wet sand wash good before painting wipe down area with reducer or acetone or alcohol any thing that isn,t petroleum based (gas thinner) then spray area do in light coats2 or 3 feet from area paint is thin ad as many coats as needed for desired colors let dry fully between coats or to paint manufactuers dry times. o.k. now a little tease of what i've been wrenching on. 2006 late spring i came across a 2000 500r that had been wreked out . all front plastics, insturments,headlight ,mirrorers, and etc were destoyed, the right side lower fork tube lightly warped so i temporarly hung various parts to legal it to ride. wich after i did i had to keep reminding myself of why the price i paid for it the mpg. after mopeding around on it i decidedenough was enough.the little thing was bad *** if you compared it too a moped but a sport bike please. i named it half a ninja it couldn't do a standing burner to get the front wheel up took a lot of effort etheir roll ons or clutch kick so i found a 82 or3 kz750 2 pulled the carbs put the needle valve and jet from the 500 and installed them big improvement then the pipes were pulled and the secondery packing was removed and mufflers reassembeld more improvement wheelies are easy still no standies so i said ok it needs more front brake after a bit i decided change out front end in comes 91 fzr 750 yamaha forks, brakes, wheel ,,bars, pretty much a bolt up just had to cut back the bump stop also not enough room for top nut wasn't a problem because it sits under triple tree plate burners easy rolling burners endo's nose wheelies oh yeah then i noticed that the front wheel was larger then the rear i mean wider so yep you geussed it swing arm and wheel swapped out some modifing nothig major and still retains stock shock and pivot found a fairing for 86 600r called it done finnished off the summer the i decided it earned the its rite to be right so its back apart for paint what elese lime green any whos thats that 4 now ......i'm audi....pizza ....sycophuk ..

Old 04-29-2007, 11:40 PM

Hey Guys..
sry 4 my badenglish.. i am from europe -> germany

i have modified my "gpz 500s" to

wel.. i think pictures tell more then words

first i had an accident so i had many fun to repair an modify my bike..

first i stick some stickers on my rims

then i changes the flashlights and the backlight (from honda nrs 125)

then i have cleand the back of the bike

then i have replaced the grill and the free "hole" under it and filled it with"racing lattice"

after this i replaced all screws with v2a and modified the frontlook with some crome foil

after this i have installed a background light.. i can change the colour (illegal in germany)

next i will integrate a digital tempomatic in my cocpit unit

i have allready "pumped up" the back

i have allready done some performance upgrades (but no more optic)

next will be a led backlight with clear glas
a colour change (green/chrome or black/green or black/green/chrome)
new carbon mirrors with integrated flashlights
and a devil 2in1 exhaust

but u must know in europe are hard laws on modifieing the car/bike.. very hard.. everything must be verified and s. th. else.. money for the state (**** it!)

but little question in the end:
does the 07 model have new rims?

we have mutch modify freaks in germany.. u can look on the offiziell "gpz 500s" (Ninja 500) forum too (www.gpz.info)

bye bye guys.. plz tell me some more informations about the modding possibilities.. i needsuggestions

nice sunday

gz lynato from ger

Old 06-21-2007, 03:08 AM

Comp werks fender kit "Then modded it"
Removed Exhaust Baffles
Misc body items removed

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4026/1004023ol3.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6708/1004020qq1.jpg