So, How "Tricked" is too "Tricked"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So, How "Tricked" is too "Tricked"?

Welcome to KF

I prefer cleaner less cluttered bikes

Old 06-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

hayes, that's a great looking bike. I'd recommend a rear hugger to keep the road crap from sand blasting the undertail.
I agree with Koh and Mark, most of the time, less is more. I like mods that have some sort of functional purpose; not just crap for crap's sake. There are too many bikes out there whichlook like a rolling advertisement for Wal Mart. I prefer to put the "stupid money" into high end parts, like an Ohlins shock, rearsets, carbon fiber hugger, custom radiator (hand built); things that actually make the bike work better. If it doesn't make the bike work better in some functional way, it doesn't belong.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Very nice bike! I usually don't like white bikes but yeah this one is sweeet!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

damm that bike is sexy!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: hayes077

Welcome to KF

I prefer cleaner less cluttered bikes

Old 07-01-2008, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Ummmm how did u get white??? Not to sound like a typical girl/blonde but that is a bike like mine right?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yup same bike as yours, probally painted it white since that was not a color option for 08. the polished wheels looks good.
ORIGINAL: Too~SweeeT

Ummmm how did u get white??? Not to sound like a typical girl/blonde but that is a bike like mine right?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay I thought it was like mine.. it looks really good though.. could do without the "shrek ears" but other than that looks really really good! I'm like you, the wheels look great! Hello that gives me an idea for mine (: Maybe I should paint mine Tennessee Orange lol! That would get attention!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Too~SweeeT

Okay I thought it was like mine.. it looks really good though.. could do without the "shrek ears" but other than that looks really really good! I'm like you, the wheels look great! Hello that gives me an idea for mine (: Maybe I should paint mine Tennessee Orange lol! That would get attention!
Yes its like yours, I painted it and polished the wheels, but its still a work in progress. theres still alot of polishing and buffing to do.

My buddy has a green 08 250 and heis goingto paint it bright orange with a black belly pan. I think it will look pretty sharp

Old 07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
1st Gear Member

It looks really good! I love the way the wheels look! You know it doesn't take long at all to modify the kawasaki flush mounts to fit that bike.. unless you like the "shrek ears" of course. I haven't seen another 08 250r besides mine with flush mounts and I think they look much better but that's just me everyone has their own thing so whatever... orange and black will look cool too I think.. to each their own!

Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 PM

Well, I'm now on day 9 without my bike and things are starting to look up. I got the quote back from the shop and it is very repareable. it's going to be about $2k total. The shop just ordered the parts for the bike and I had them order me a Two Brothers Slip on Exhaust, a fender eliminator kit, and carbon fiber turn signals. Overall, the bike came out of the accident without any frame, swingarm, or tire damage, so that is a relief! Should have it back to me by the end of the month.

I'm still working on the medical side of the claim. Shouldn't be too much trouble. Things are starting to get back to normal. I actually went to my karate clss last night and outside of not streatching for the last week, I felt good.

I'll keep you posted on the updates.

Mark

Quick Reply: So, How "Tricked" is too "Tricked"?