Project 250EX new begining

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Default RE: Project 250EX new begining

Ok, well at least I put something on the floor first [sm=insomnia.gif] At least your making progress anyway.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

I treat my jasmine plants the same way trev.
That makes me feel much better!

Old 03-05-2007, 02:27 PM

I like that exhaust.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: mnosbor

Ok, well at least I put something on the floor first [sm=insomnia.gif] At least your making progress anyway.
Haha, we just ripped up the carpet in the dining room due tosome reconstruction. So right now it's a bare floor, it will be getting laminate hardwood flooring in the future, so right now I can work over it without worry of mess.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: mnosbor

ORIGINAL: trev6594

Those chrome grips are going to look NICE! If you don't live alone, did you get any funny remarks about bringing your baby inside? Did it get a pillow and a blanket? I bring my plant indoors and my girlfriend gives me funny looks.
Ive brought my 250 inside to work on it, my husband rolled his eyes and called me a redneck. Its almost impossible to put the carbs on when its freezing outside.
I do have AC in the barn for the summertime fixing.
Called you a redneck? As a native Arkansasan, I resent that. Friggin yankee. Too funny!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

You can live in Arkansas and not be a redneck, but it is difficult. I thought I had pulled off that miraculous feat but after the walmart wine post in the jokes section I have realized the truth.

The exhaust is very unique, not sure yet if it suits my personal style, but it looks different and thats always a plus, nice work so far.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moe Szyslak

That sucks you have to pull it inside yourhouse to work on it. That is why I live in Florida.
Yeah I hear ya must be nice until your bike and everything else you own gets blown away by a hurricane!

Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 AM

Hows this coming? Wish I thought about getting a newer bike than what I have now. Not much you can get on eBay for a 87... though I made some real good deals lately.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:15 PM

I just ordered about $300 in parts from ebay over the weekend. Brand new fiberglass lower fairing, black foot pegs, new grips, used left control (mine was missing the horn button), used handle bars (my left one was bent), and a new seat. All thats left to purchase is a upper fairing, windshield, and some fluch mount turn signals. I got a no interest capital one credit card to buy all the parts. I figure it is a good investment since I will be saving on gas my driving it this summer. I just gotta pay off the card before 10/07.

I hope to have the fairings in primer soon, and as soon as I pick up an upper fairing, I will have them all painted. I have the paint, I just want to paint once, rather than twice, so it's a waiting game right now. I can't wait for these parts to come in,it will be like christmas all over again. Pics to come soon, I promise.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 PM

sounds fun. Was looking into the possibilities of building my own bike from the ground up. This past weekend I was able to put together, just from pen and paper that is, three bikes. Two of them Ninjas, a 250 and a 600. This was all off of eBay. I have allready bought parts off, but am totally thinking about doing this for a new bike. Preferably something thats frame good, and rolling chasis, but needs the heart and work. Sounds fun, thought I, aloud... in front of my girl, who says no until I have a garage.... damnit....

Quick Reply: Project 250EX new begining