My mudflap/fender mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default My mudflap/fender mod

After looking at many posts about removing the mud flap and admiring the, in my opinion, better appearance from the job, I decided to do the same to my bike. At first I copied Mark, cutting where he cut, with the exception of leaving the factory rear turn signals in place. I liked how the bike looked more than before, butthought it could be better. I cut the turn signals off and rewired the left and right bulbs in the rear lighting assembly to bebreak lights and my turn signals. I used a dremel with the disk cutter blade (about 14 as they kept breaking) to make the cuts and the round sander attachment to smoothen where the cut was made. I primed and painted all the exposed bolts and the L brackets to hide them better. Aside from the tools which I already had, this mod cost me three dollars for the L shape bracketsin addition tothe cost of primer and paint.

Whacha guys think?

[IMG]local://upfiles/6229/7ADF5B7D7136442194DA02F7983AD3B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6229/D66B81B60C5E42EFB728429FB06BA8C7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6229/CEACBACD9A7242759ED08E29E36BD890.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6229/81EB7627465B44608A90329630632BD9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My mudflap/fender mod

Nice job, it looks nice. I would have cut off the excess bracket though.
Some states require enough light on the plate.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice job on the fender! I did something similar to that.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:07 AM
1st Gear Member

here is mine I did today..2 L brackets from the hardware store for the plate, thats it........once i get my lower fairing, my sport-demons and my WC racingclip-onsIm ready to head to the track

[IMG]local://upfiles/6724/1E0F88138DA849BABD8BE1BBE92DCB0C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-12-2007, 04:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Nice job, it looks nice. I would have cut off the excess bracket though.
Some states require enough light on the plate.
You can't tell from the pictures but I did pop out the plastic guard under the center running/brake light which does light up the license plate, it is readable at night but I will get the radiantz led bulb to make the light brighter and the license plate more noticable.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you are on top of things! Congrats Still a nice job!

Old 08-21-2007, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I may end up doing that for better light on my plate from the tail light.

The problem with LEDs, is that they have a directional light, so I wouldn't expect more light from it. I'm thinking of getting some lights to point down on it. What I might do is get 3 ultra-bright LEDs, get a piece of plexiglass, drill 3 holes for the LEDs, and aim them down at the plate and connect them to the original plate light wires. Basically doing what I did on my XBox remote a while back. Easy to do, few LEDs, some wire, and a low ohm value resistor.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, X box stuff is way beyond my realm. I still have an Atari

Old 08-22-2007, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member

My brother has the Nintendo. I got one for free at a garage sale, no cables or anything but a Super Mario 3 game. I think we have an extra RF adapter, and I'll have to get a controller or two from him. Got a few hundred NES games on my computer, though.

I don't play XBox much. Just every now and then. I got component cables with the second one I bought for my brother, and I use it for DVDs. I got a few things between the two I bought this past year, and a couple extra cables. I've spent under $300 total, and have over 20 games. That's why I wait for the prices to go down.

Mainly with electronics, it's that I like to do modifications and such. I went to school for electrical engineering for a year back in Missouri and gained some knowledge in AC and DC components. Working with LEDs is pretty darn simple. I also did some work with computer chips, and a little with 555 chips, but that's a little advanced for me. I looked up the LED mod and found direct information on doing that, or any LED work with XBox remotes. http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/LED_Controller_Mod.htm

Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben_cline

My brother has the Nintendo. I got one for free at a garage sale, no cables or anything but a Super Mario 3 game. I think we have an extra RF adapter, and I'll have to get a controller or two from him. Got a few hundred NES games on my computer, though.

I don't play XBox much. Just every now and then. I got component cables with the second one I bought for my brother, and I use it for DVDs. I got a few things between the two I bought this past year, and a couple extra cables. I've spent under $300 total, and have over 20 games. That's why I wait for the prices to go down.

Mainly with electronics, it's that I like to do modifications and such. I went to school for electrical engineering for a year back in Missouri and gained some knowledge in AC and DC components. Working with LEDs is pretty darn simple. I also did some work with computer chips, and a little with 555 chips, but that's a little advanced for me. I looked up the LED mod and found direct information on doing that, or any LED work with XBox remotes. http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/LED_Controller_Mod.htm
And this info helps JaBr1884?

Quick Reply: My mudflap/fender mod