My First Bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Default My First Bike

Greetings from SOCAL just wanted to say hello and show off some pictures of my new bike that I recently bought. Havent been able to take her out yet as I dont have any gear yet. Waiting for payday to get me some gear. Anyone else local or in the Los Angeles Area.

Cheers,

Alex

[IMG]local://upfiles/1469/6FE02648ACAF4D5E8B88DA4A034A7D90.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1469/227FE1B5C286466589136AE39601A9C3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-02-2006, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My First Bike

Woo hoo! Another 250 rider! Nice bike, that's awesome. Welcome to the forums bro. Lots of knowledge running around, lots of fun people too. Smart thing waiting to get geared up. I hope you've finished your MSF. I waited four months after finishing then got one, she's 3 days old now and I'm loving every minute of it.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Toad

Woo hoo! Another 250 rider! Nice bike, that's awesome. Welcome to the forums bro. Lots of knowledge running around, lots of fun people too. Smart thing waiting to get geared up. I hope you've finished your MSF. I waited four months after finishing then got one, she's 3 days old now and I'm loving every minute of it.

I have my date for the MSF course but it will have to wait till I get back from my cruise. Until then the bikes sits in the garage making me very depressed.[X(]

Old 03-03-2006, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, you could always start messing around with it, hehe. For one thing I found on mine that the shift lever would barely let my boots fit under so upshifts were a PITA so I adjusted the height on that last night. Can't wait to try it out tonight when I get home. You could also look up Fender Eliminators for our 250's if you're into modding it. Or change out the stock lights to something brighter...hmm...reminds me, I need to find out what lights are available for 250's.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:09 AM

Well, you could always start messing around with it, hehe. For one thing I found on mine that the shift lever would barely let my boots fit under so upshifts were a PITA so I adjusted the height on that last night. Can't wait to try it out tonight when I get home. You could also look up Fender Eliminators for our 250's if you're into modding it. Or change out the stock lights to something brighter...hmm...reminds me, I need to find out what lights are available for 250's.

I plan on doing some MODS to this bike for sure. One important MOD I'm gonna do is get some new tires as the tires on this bike are the orginal tires. Also I'm going to get the Fender Eliminator kit for it also as I dont like that mud flap in the back. Can you suggest a place to get the Fender Eliminiator kit?

Cheers,

Alex

Old 03-03-2006, 12:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Well sir, this is one site that I was looking at. I'm not sure if other members have a better site out there? It's www.1tail.com by the way. The link should bring you straight to the fend elim.

Fender Eliminator Kawa Ninja 2005

Old 03-03-2006, 12:42 AM

I found another site that has them without the lights which I want to get rid of. http://www.ninjacustoms.net/kawasaki.html which is cheaper than www.1tail.com. I did get these http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Universal_...grator_Kit.htm from them and they were fast in shipping. I want to get rid of those lights in the back. Also I plan on getting some flushmount light for the turn signals in the front.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice, that is cheaper. I might get me one of those since it's friday and I just got paid and all, hehe. Been looking at helmet speakers too, check this out, hooks up to ipods, nanos, mp3 players, cd players, etc.

http://www.bikeintercom.com/products/x1.htm

For some reason I learn better with some music like when I was learning how to drive a car (stick shift too). <-- Edit, I meant to say stick shift not stick bleep.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:46 PM

Nice, that is cheaper. I might get me one of those since it's friday and I just got paid and all, hehe. Been looking at helmet speakers too, check this out, hooks up to ipods, nanos, mp3 players, cd players, etc.

http://www.bikeintercom.com/products/x1.htm

For some reason I learn better with some music like when I was learning how to drive a car (stick **** too).
Cool thanks for the link. But what I been looking at is the chatter box which allows you to talk to your other buddies while you are ridinging. Also if I'm not mistaken you can also hook up your ipod and cell phone to it also. Here is a link to it so you can see it. http://www.hjc-chatterbox.com/frs_x2.htm