Which mods ?, mandatory ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Default Which mods ?, mandatory ?

Hi guys,

As far as im reading and i've been told, if i plan on using my new 250R for a long time (2 years minimum then pass it to my wife and get a 600), main mods to be done are :

- Exhaust (a good throaty sound slip-on like the two-brothers one).
- 15/41 Sprocket change.

Any opinion on this ?

thanks !

Pato Concha
Southamerica

Old 10-10-2008, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PatoConcha
Hi guys,

As far as im reading and i've been told, if i plan on using my new 250R for a long time (2 years minimum then pass it to my wife and get a 600), main mods to be done are :

- Exhaust (a good throaty sound slip-on like the two-brothers one).
- 15/41 Sprocket change.

Any opinion on this ?

thanks !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
I have the Two Brothers slip on installed on my GREEN '08 250R and I like it. Got it from www.newenough.com (hard parts) for about $300.00 Nothing else done to the bike since that mod...but I'm sure to find more.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Slip on is personal choice.

Changing the gearing depends on your reason for wanting to change it, as it could be raised or lowered to suit your needs. If you're just going on what you've been told by someone else, leave it stock. That's the best all round compromise.

Rob

Old 10-10-2008, 06:44 PM

Rob,

I come from "custom/chopper" style and i suffer a lot when i hear the engine revving from 6k and up lol !!, so main reason is to lower the RPM's and get a little longer time on gears instead of passing up and down fast on the gearbox.

And the exhaust, mainly deep throaty sound ... i just heard a FMF Racing slip on and it sound awesome ...

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica

Old 10-11-2008, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I also have the two-brothers slip on for my 08 ninja 250r. Great sound but on highway runs especially long ones where some ear plugs! thats the only mod i have. i want to put some blue lights on the underbody but dont know how difficult the install will be

Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

It's a very different kind of bike to what you've been used to. There's very little power below 7K rpm and raising the gearing too much will render it totally gutless at lower revs than that. Making it a bit longer legged for highway cruising is useful, but you must still be prepared to get used to keeping the revs up high.

If you can't, or don't want to do this, I'd reconsider your choice of bike. At under 6K rpm with taller gearing this one is a liability. Keep the revs up and it's a nice bike.

Rob

Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM

So william ... with the 15/41 + FMF Racing exhaust (Kawasaki dealer recommended me this one) mod and using 5.000 - 8.000 rpm's range would be good ?

I kept using my bike during the weekend and im kinda starting to love the sound of 6.500 - 8.500 range of revs ...

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica

Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
1st Gear Member

If you're fitting sprockets for more relaxed cruising I don't see the point of a 'racing' exhaust. If you just like the sound, that's fine, but try and hear it on a bike like yours before you spend money.

Be aware that dealers will sell anything to the gullible if it makes them a profit.

Rob

Old 10-21-2008, 04:24 AM
VeX

Might as well do some 'free' tuning while you're there. Especially if you're going to put the 2-bros on you're going to want to shim the needles on your carbs and might as well remove the snorkel from the air box...

... Since it's just a slip-on you'll be fine, but if you decide to go with a full exhaust you'd want to plug the Kleen-air system as you'll get MEAN back-firing on decells. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Which mods ?, mandatory ?