lookin at a 250R

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Default RE: lookin at a 250R

ORIGINAL: korax123

One thing I like about the MSF is they make your slow moving balance a lot better. I was at a 4 way stop yesterday about 8 cars back,and I staid about 1.5-2 car lenghts behind the car infront of me. I balanced the whole time and never put my feet down. If I never took the MSF i problably would have walked the bike the whole time with my legs.
ill second that,
because this is what my friend was teaching me.
was the first thing they taught him, so hes passing it on to me.

it was discouraging when i dumped his bike (no damage)
but i held on to the handles and planted my legs fast enough to minimize any scuffing.
(good thing its an 89).
i only have a few months to go if i wanna grab a bike for this season...
reall just wanna learn, but its hard when you have limited time and bikes at your disposal.b

Old 07-28-2007, 08:42 AM
1st Gear Member

The MSF Course is a great thing... especially for new riders. If you have a good riding coach, you will learn how to do things that you never thought you could do.

Vic

Old 07-28-2007, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

One thing I like about the MSF is they make your slow moving balance a lot better. I was at a 4 way stop yesterday about 8 cars back,and I staid about 1.5-2 car lenghts behind the car infront of me. I balanced the whole time and never put my feet down. If I never took the MSF i problably would have walked the bike the whole time with my legs.
i can go slow enough to make it almost look like i'v come to a complete stop at a stopsign - 2 wheel balance is normal for me. I'm still working on gauging the safe speed to take any turn (not the max, just the casual safe speed that would allow me to manuever around a random obstacle that might pop up)

most of what i'm working on now is smooth throttle control. i think i need to tighten up my throttle cable too.

i plan to take the safety course. it is just going to be a while before it happens

Old 07-28-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kohburn
i can go slow enough to make it almost look like i'v come to a complete stop at a stopsign - 2 wheel balance is normal for me.
Congratulations KB, would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on?

J/K

Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

i can go slow enough to make it almost look like i'v come to a complete stop at a stopsign - 2 wheel balance is normal for me. I'm still working on gauging the safe speed to take any turn (not the max, just the casual safe speed that would allow me to manuever around a random obstacle that might pop up)

most of what i'm working on now is smooth throttle control. i think i need to tighten up my throttle cable too.

i plan to take the safety course. it is just going to be a while before it happens
It's more important to be able to balance yourself enough to make tight turns at these slow speeds. Taking the MSF or DMV will prove this.