Just a reminder

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Default Just a reminder

Just a little extra for the newbes to bikes. While I was arriving at the dealer to get my bike checked out, there was a what I believe to be maybe a 500r or similar laying on the ground. The bikes front wheel was no more, the forks were plasterd to the engine and the block was messed up where the exhaust bolts got busted out of the head. After the manager looked at my bike, and knowing I might be a newby myself with my small 250cc bike, he pointed in the direction of that bike and informed me, that was a girl on her first bike ride ever, and that used to be her new bike. She had hit a semi head on and somehow defeated death, she spunt 4 months in the hospital but was home recovering as of now.
This is my first "motorcycle", but I have ridden scooters for years now. I'll admit I learn many new things everyday I live. I do want to say that, if you are completely new to cycles, get somewhere safe and learn techniques of riding before heading out onto the highway. Go with someone to a parking lot or a good empty street and learn takeoffs and shifting, braking and leaning techniques. I really don't figure she was really traveling that fast, but I would say the driver of the semi must have seen her in time to almost be stopped, or she would be bug juice in the radiator... I thank my Higher Power daily for giving me another day, and know there is a reason I meet everyone I meet during my life, wheather I know the reason or not... PEACE OUT

Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just a reminder

Wow, messed up story right there. Everybody who rides should at the very least, take the MSF safety course.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Default RE: Just a reminder

Mos def. here in wichita like 2 weeks ago 9 people died in one week. one was to wind. the others were to high speed turns and cars pulling out in front of them.