just out of curiosity...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Default just out of curiosity...

I tried to look at some profiles in this forum...but wasn't quite sure...was wondering if there are any girls here riding 250?

Old 07-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: just out of curiosity...

I believe that there are a couple. But, I ride a 500. I just got my license this past May so I am still learning. I really love riding my bike and it fits me well. I kind of wish that it looked more like the 250's though. They look a lot sportier! Oh yeah, I am a girl too.

Here's a pic of my bike.....1994 Ninja 500

Old 07-07-2005, 06:39 PM

I wonder what made you start riding?

I know a few girl riders, they started riding either because they grew up being tomboys or because their boyfriends or husbands ride

Personally I always admired bike riders , plus I love speed ...only thing that was stopping me i didn't think bike riding was for girls. And then I saw a few girls riding in the street and that evening I decided I want to do it too!! I signed up for the class the next day.

I'm still a beginner. I took a class in december last year, also got my bike then. But then we had lots of stuff going on -so I didn't ride for a while, I started again in spring. Now that the weather is good i try to get out as much as possible

yulia

Old 07-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I pretty much grew up around bikes. My dad used to have me on his all the time when I was a little kid. I have always liked bikes, but to be honest, I really fell in love with the look of the older Honda Shadows first. I would have had my license when I was 16 but like you said, girls just didn't seem to ride. So here I am 12 years later with a bike and a license. I am kind of glad that I waited cause I am a lot more mature now then I used to be. But then again, I wish I had started back when I first wanted to. But better late than never. Last September I went for a ride on my friend's Yamaha (don't know what model it was but it was a sport bike). I fell in love with biking on that day. I started looking right away (my husband doesn't have a bike or his bike license!) for my own bike. I bought mine in December but unfortunately we don't have year round riding here (New Brunswick, Canada). So the bike sat in the shed all winter. I took an MSF course in April. And here I am today, a biker momma!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 PM

I am a girl rider too. I mostly got into it because my husband and tons of our friends ride. I thought it was just a guy thing too. I began seeing more and more girls riding and they were handling their bikes like the guys, so I figured what the hell! I took the class last June and bought a 500 right after class. Of course, I still see more guys than girls out there, but it's kinda cool to see the expression on a guys face when he sees that under that helmet is 5'1 girl and she's twistin' on the throttle!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:48 PM

Girl rider here too. Ninja 250... here are some pics https://www.kawasakiforums.com/album...Type=1&apage=2

Old 07-08-2005, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: toad1025

it's kinda cool to see the expression on a guys face when he sees that under that helmet is 5'1 girl and she's twistin' on the throttle!

I totally agree!!

it's really great that more and more girls getting out there on their bikes!!

what makes me also very happy is that bikers share some sort of sense of beloging to a group, where evrybody is a friend..everytime I saw a biker he would nod his head, or raise his hand, or some would challenge for a playful race...that's when my adrenaline starts rushing!! it's amazing..

Old 07-08-2005, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: shon

Girl rider here too. Ninja 250... here are some pics https://www.kawasakiforums.com/album...Type=1&apage=2

your bike looks great! you should post some pics of yourself on a bike! do you have matching color gears? (i know it's a girlie question)

Old 07-09-2005, 02:01 AM

Nope just wear black girl...have to be low key. Even though my brother is a cop don't need anyone to notice me

Old 07-09-2005, 02:56 AM

hmmm...brother a cop -- connection, connections -- that's a good dealio you got there ...just kidding..

Quick Reply: just out of curiosity...