Just bought 08 250r!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Default Just bought 08 250r!

Found this forum and it looks like a great place. Anyways, I just bought my first motorcylce, a ninja 250r 2008 with an OTD price of $3625. Im excited, but sucks that I have to wait till May to get it....owell maybe ill try to get a license and msf course before then!

ill post pics once i get it!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Default RE: Just bought 08 250r!

How did you get it at that price? **** I just picked mine up today and it was $4200. I really was not impressed at first because I was trying to do the break in but that is the most retarded thing to try and do on this bike. So I just rode it like normal and just a few hours ago just before I finished my ride I had to run it wot.

This bike is slow off the line. 1st gear 13000rpms I think it read 20mph maybe 25mph. It is surprisingly stable on the highway. Good brakes, handling, transmission, wind protection, smooth clutch operation, everything is pretty good on this bike except the acceleration. But hey its a 250 and for the price not a bad buy.

Its just different than what I am use to and it takes more planning ahead in congested traffic but hey not bad at all. If this bike remains at this price it should continue to sell, but if they raise the price without raising the hp than I wouldn't bother with this bike.

Not bad but could use some more power. Maybe not if I was a newb but the thought that I should have bought a kick *** HD TV did cross my mind.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:25 AM

The dealership only charges msrp plus tax, nothing else which is pretty cool in my opinion. as far as the speed, i think it will be more than fast enough for me.

mainly got it for
1) always wanted a bike and this looked great while not too powerful
2) great mpg's
3) the cost of the bike was affordable

also, any reccomendations as what to do for theft prevention? i take it you dont just park it and have it rest on the kickstand do you as it seems like itd be easy to like ****** up? im all new to the world of motorcycles

Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

IMO if some one wants your bike they're going to get it so just lock the triple tree so the bike can't turn, take the key w/ you, and most importantly get GOOD insureance (I know "good insureance" is an oxymoron). If you want to take it a step further you can always get an alarm and it might sound dumb but a heavy duty "bike lock" always is a deturent b/c it keeps the bike from rolling. Welcome to KF and can't wait for pix. And don't forget to gear up. Good gear is expensive but it's worth it, that new bike isn't any good if you broken and can't get on it!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 AM

thanks for the advice. i worry about the bike lock as how would you carry it around seeing as there is very little cargo room

would you reccomend full coverage namely so it would cover theft? i have a perfect record in the 7 years ive been driving a car so hopefully not that expensive. guess it depends on the coverage too so ill have to look into it

by the way, i did get the green one. wanted the blue initially but i will say the green is growing on me

Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member

get a magnetic tank bag - suddenly the bike becomes a lot more practical. you can even run out for take-out food with it (except for the drink unless you get creative or pour it into a nalgene bottle.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

That's a hell of a deal! What dealership was this?

Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 PM

it was at the kawaski dealership in loveland, colorado (motoadventure.com is thier website)

really nice people too

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, it's 480 miles from me (Lincoln, NE), but I am not impressed with any of the local dealers around here. If I can just walk into a dealership and pay MSRP with no haggling, that's the place I want to be.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:26 AM

sounds like a good excuse for a roadtrip!

by the way, i used to live in lincoln back in the day . havent been there in a loooong time. im sure its changed

Quick Reply: Just bought 08 250r!