Jet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Jet Kit

say wha?

i know it won't be the same on every bike, but is there maybe a proceedure i should follow?

Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Basically you are adding a shim/washer of certain thickness under the steel needles. The thickness of the washer or shim is basically dictated by your mid range throttle response that you prefer for your ride.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 AM

You are going to cook your valves and pistons with open pipes. The 250 is already too lean its way too lean now.

Adding shims is the least of your worries, you also need to change the main jet.

Get a set of 110 and 112 mains from the dealer and 3 brass washers.

Youll also want to drill out the epa plugs on the idle screws and adjust those 2 1/2 turns out from just in.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I think I may keep the shims and mj's the way they are, but Im pretty sure I need to increase my PJ some, Ive having some wierd idleing problems.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mnosbor

You are going to cook your valves and pistons with open pipes. The 250 is already too lean its way too lean now.

Adding shims is the least of your worries, you also need to change the main jet.

Youll also want to drill out the epa plugs on the idle screws and adjust those 2 1/2 turns out from just in.
I just cleaned my pistons and valves, plan to get new valves during christmas and rebuild the valvetrain a bit, right now I'm getting new rings to put on because my compression was bad and caused oil to build a mass of carbon over everything. But need to earn some money for that first and get a valve spring compressor, kinda short on money and don't have time for a job as a full-time student.

So a set of 110 and112 and would I be correct in guessing u meant 3 washers for each side?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 AM

ORIGINAL: fivepointnine

I think I may keep the shims and mj's the way they are, but Im pretty sure I need to increase my PJ some, Ive having some wierd idleing problems.
You could need a 40, but if it gets worse warmer then you may need to adjust the valves. And dont let gas sit in the bike more than a few weeks, drain the floats.

First I would try backing the idle mixture screws out 1/4 turn, that did it for me.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:24 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mott Power

ORIGINAL: mnosbor

I just cleaned my pistons and valves, plan to get new valves during christmas and rebuild the valvetrain a bit, right now I'm getting new rings to put on because my compression was bad and caused oil to build a mass of carbon over everything. But need to earn some money for that first and get a valve spring compressor, kinda short on money and don't have time for a job as a full-time student.

So a set of 110 and112 and would I be correct in guessing u meant 3 washers for each side?
Lets hookup Mott, it appears that I have the tools.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19
Lets hookup Mott, it appears that I have the tools.
I'll supply the beer.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

what about the *****, good mechanics need to be compensated properly

Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

live on a campus, just gotta go to the fashion building

Quick Reply: Jet Kit