I F'ing HATE! F'ing DIRT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I F'ing HATE! F'ing DIRT!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!! I go work on some lady's TV stand and hook her new TV up to her DVD player. DVD player component output won't work correctly, so I run home real quick to grab an S-video cable. Wore my helmet, but not jacket, because I figure 6-block drive home, real quick. I drive off, kinda fast, but not real bad, got to second gear heading toward the stop sign. Get to the stop sign, brake, and the front tire slides out on some dirt that's there because it's a new development. Bike goes down, I scrape my arm and leg, jeans rip, but that's okay because I was gonna throw them away anyway. My carbon fiber-style mirror breaks, and my turn-signal breaks, plus my foot-shifter gets all bent-up. Couple scratches, nothing bad. Faring is cracked anyway. Drive home the 6-ish blocks, get a cable, and drive back in my van. I kept all my old parts, since I just put the mirrors on a couple weeks ago, yay, at least I was still thinking of switching back. So I get a $50 tip, and do about $50+ worth of damage, and scratch my self up and hurt my pride. At least I needed the cash, but I'm really pissed and kinda hurting. I'd get some liquor, but you can only buy it at bars and liquor stores here, no everclear in the gas stations like Missouri.[:@] I'll live, bike will live, I'm just pissed!

I was at least able to use the rear signal I removed by electrical-taping it in. Ya, awesome, I know. It'll have to do until I get my carbon fiber front turn signals, sometime, soon, maybe, I hope.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I F'ing HATE! F'ing DIRT!!!!

hahaha, hell of a day! Its all good since you are ok.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 PM
1st Gear Member

were u turning at the stop sign, or just heading straight?

Old 08-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man, I always ride at a speed where you can handle stuff that comes up, but it sounds like you just didn't see it until it was too late. Question: If you has been doing 25, and were gradually slowing down to 20 then 15 then 10 and so forth before you got to the sign would this still have happened? Perhaps too quick of a stop? I don't know I don't have a super fast bike, but gravel/sand is always on our roads, I just take it easier when getting to the end of a run. Again sorry about the bike.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pfft84

were u turning at the stop sign, or just heading straight?
Turning left, fell on that side. Front tire slid when I was braking.

There are a bunch of large rocks in other areas of the parking lot. I think only a couple people are living in that complex.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn, I feel bad for you, but I'm glad you're alright. You gotta watch out for gravel, grease, and dirt when you ride. Hell, even some of the painted traffic markings through intersections can be slick.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I have good news for you Ben, I've been building a new mod to help in such situations. I just finished my bike and will send you the blue prints...

My finished mod...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6229/045A53B3498E4BC79BE2A5257CDEE52D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-26-2007, 11:30 PM

JaBr884 that is too funny!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:17 AM
CC

LOL that was funny. The only time I dropped my ninja was at about 3mph on dirt. I saved it before it hit the ground. Glad you are not hurt to bad Ben.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:42 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JaBr1884

I have good news for you Ben, I've been building a new mod to help in such situations. I just finished my bike and will send you the blue prints...

My finished mod...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6229/045A53B3498E4BC79BE2A5257CDEE52D.jpg[/IMG]
Haha, funny, funny. Seriously, it really is. Haha. [&o]

Here's what's left of my new mirror and old signal:

Still hurts to lay my arm down on the desk or a chair. I have to just use my elbow for that.

And yes, I know, I can braid my pit hair. [8D]

Quick Reply: I F'ing HATE! F'ing DIRT!!!!