I Bought an 06 black 250 R this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 06:37 AM
Default I Bought an 06 black 250 R this weekend

I have full coverage on the bike and the permit i got from the Sec. of State, but i dont have my endorsement yet.I
brought a truck to the Kawasaki dealer to pick it up and the guy ive been talking to behind the counter the last few
weeks asks me why im not riding it home.I state that i dont have an endorsement yet, and the guy laughs at me, and
says im 42 years old and i dont have an endorsement, never have never will.Then a guy about 5 feet away
(also behind the counter) says, me neither.I was just curious whats the ticket like for getting popped without an endorsement?
Do the cops take your bike and impound it or what?Just curious...personally i wont take it out on the road without someone
with me, not until i have a real plate instead of the paper one i have in my pocket lol.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I Bought an 06 black 250 R this weekend

i didnt have my endorsement for around 2 months or so....most people around here wait longer

Old 04-16-2006, 08:23 AM

man, i'm jealous.......i want my black 06 right now. but anyways since it will be a few days to a week or two, i may hafta go to other dealers to see if they have it. also im gonna ride with the flames this year, then take them off and put something different on it next year

Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 AM

Ok so i drove my bike to a buddies house who has an 83 kawasaki 750 R.He took his bike out and did a couple burn outs and got on it a little.Well about 10 min. later a cop shows up...im thinking great here we go.Anyways the cop asks where the plates are for these bikes.My friends bike isnt legal, and we tell him that.I bust out my paper license from kawasaki and give it to the cop, he looks at it and gives it back.He starts asking questions about the cc's and how it does on gas.I even let him sit on it...but before he left he asked me if i had an endorsement.I was hesitant but stated i didnt have an endorsement, and all i had was a permit and full coverage.The cop says well at least you have something.I swear my friend and i sat and talked to this guy about bikes for atleast 45 min.Im going to get my endorsement but after the weekend ive had with the motorcycle dealer givin me chit, aswell as the cop not really caring weather i had one or not, i think im a little less afraid of riding without it.Not that thats necessarily a good thing......

Old 04-17-2006, 02:40 AM

ORIGINAL: jmkhet

Ok so i drove my bike to a buddies house who has an 83 kawasaki 750 R.He took his bike out and did a couple burn outs and got on it a little.Well about 10 min. later a cop shows up...im thinking great here we go.Anyways the cop asks where the plates are for these bikes.My friends bike isnt legal, and we tell him that.I bust out my paper license from kawasaki and give it to the cop, he looks at it and gives it back.He starts asking questions about the cc's and how it does on gas.I even let him sit on it...but before he left he asked me if i had an endorsement.I was hesitant but stated i didnt have an endorsement, and all i had was a permit and full coverage.The cop says well at least you have something.I swear my friend and i sat and talked to this guy about bikes for atleast 45 min.Im going to get my endorsement but after the weekend ive had with the motorcycle dealer givin me chit, aswell as the cop not really caring weather i had one or not, i think im a little less afraid of riding without it.Not that thats necessarily a good thing......
so what's the big deal about an endorsement, i'm 20 so i'm sure i don't won't have one? what exactly does it do, or how do you get one? etc.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:56 AM

Your supposed to take a written test at the Sec. of State.After you pass the written test you get your permit, which expires like six months later.Then you have to take a road test on the bike and pass that to get your new drivers license with your endorsement stamped on it(which again you have to go to the Sec. of State to get).It lets police or whoever know you can legally and knowingly operate a motorcyle.If you get pulled over without it i found out in Michigan its a misdimeanor and you get 2 points on your license.Not to mention they can impound your bike if they really wanted to screw ya.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:53 AM

Your supposed to take a written test at the Sec. of State.After you pass the written test you get your permit, which expires like six months later.Then you have to take a road test on the bike and pass that to get your new drivers license with your endorsement stamped on it(which again you have to go to the Sec. of State to get).It lets police or whoever know you can legally and knowingly operate a motorcyle.If you get pulled over without it i found out in Michigan its a misdimeanor and you get 2 points on your license.Not to mention they can impound your bike if they really wanted to screw ya.
ic, how did you manage not to get one.......im gonna take the permit test this week but haven't looked at the book too much, then i have the safety course june 2nd, so that will take care of my license. what type of questions did you have/? and how long do you hafta wait if you fail the first time

Old 04-17-2006, 05:58 AM

I have full coverage on the bike and the permit i got from the Sec. of State, but i dont have my endorsement yet.I
brought a truck to the Kawasaki dealer to pick it up and the guy ive been talking to behind the counter the last few
weeks asks me why im not riding it home.I state that i dont have an endorsement yet, and the guy laughs at me, and
says im 42 years old and i dont have an endorsement, never have never will.Then a guy about 5 feet away
(also behind the counter) says, me neither.I was just curious whats the ticket like for getting popped without an endorsement?
Do the cops take your bike and impound it or what?Just curious...personally i wont take it out on the road without someone
with me, not until i have a real plate instead of the paper one i have in my pocket lol.
also how much did you pay total for your 250........cause if i don't get a used one off ebay, im getting a black 06 retail 3k, was wondering how much more you payed with title, plates, inspection, etc. (dealer told me 3700-3800) not sure if that included gear, sure as hell hope so.........numbers would be appreciated

Old 04-17-2006, 05:58 AM

also pics pics pics

Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 PM

It ended up coming to 3245...i think.I know it wasnt over 3300.Ill have pics posted tonight.

Quick Reply: I Bought an 06 black 250 R this weekend