Hey guy's

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Default Hey guy's

To start off my name is Caleb and im 16 year's old iv been wanting a streetbike forever well iv had my job for 2 month's now and my mom made me a deal that if i made half she would pay the other half of a brand new 08' ninja 250R for my christmas present well iv almost got the half and was just wondering how do yall think it would preform with me im about 190 lbs5'11(yea i know need to loose weight ) but what do yall think i know they added low and mid range torque.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hey guy's

It will be a great bike for sure! I wish I had waited for the new version to arrive.190 lbs is not much, and the 250R can easily handle it. I'm being skeptical about the new bike'slow end power increase until I hear real world reviews. Sounds like the upper horsepower range has been sacrificed some to get better low end. Since the 250 doesn't have any "umph" down low anyway, I think keeping the power band up high would have been a smarter move on Kawasaki's part. But we'll see in another month or two what everybody says about it.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:12 AM

Yea i hope the top end wasnt cut to much i was reading and i think someone said the top speed was around 120 so that would be plenty fast for me.Ill def get the reviews up when i get my bike in a week or 2.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I would say the Ninja 250 is a perfect first bike for a 16 year old. I had a 250 a few years ago (my first sport bike) and I'm really glad I got it. It helped me get used to the differences between a sport bike and a cruiser (or dirtbike in your case?) without too much weight or power. I wouldn't be too worried about power, you have the rest of your life to worry about that. I highly recommend taking the MSF course, that will really help you out. Once you get it, your whole life will change. Welcome to your new world. Oh yeah, and welcome to the KF family... post some pics as soon as you get it.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 AM

Thank's guy's,yea iv been riding dirtbikes since i was 3 and this will be my first street legal motorcycle iv ridin my dads 1250 honda dual sport around its old old old but it was ok anyways i know i shouldnt worr about power but i like to know its there and ill def. get pics up when i get it .

Old 11-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Caleb, welcome to the site, have you looked at the Kawi KLX 250? Hehehehe sorry I had to throw that in there. [8D]

Old 11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Caleb also im 16. But im 6'1 200lbs and I got a ninja 250. I dont really have a problem with being too big on the bike, as long as your not expecting a rocket you'll be fine.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome Caleb, congrats on your new adventure. Been racing dirtbikes for 12 years now and here what I can tell you about street bikes...now listen carefully everything you know about riding on dirt, pretty much throw it right out the window. Of course keep the balance part, the clutch control etc. It's just a whole new world to get used to. Take the saftely course and take your time on the street to get your feet wet. Enjoy........

Old 11-12-2007, 04:04 AM

Thank's guy's
I really dont want a Dual sport i love the look of the 250.
Alright kawasaki fan another 16 year old ninja owner to talk to im not expencting a rocket but im also not expecting a turtle something inbetween is fine mabey a wheelie here and there.
Omalley haha really dang oh well im sure it's fun learning hopefully haha yea im gonna take the saftey course etc. get myself set up everyone is like why get one now winter is hitting to cold i was like ill wear a thick jacket i just LOVE to ride it's a passion

Quick Reply: Hey guy's