Having Thoughts....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Default RE: Having Thoughts....

Yes, I have my real license (to the person who asked). I greatly appreciate all the responses given. This is why i'm proud to announce that I am purchasing a New Kawasaki 250r. Finally part of the family

Old 02-19-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Congratulations on making your decision. You'll still take off faster than most cars, and you're not going to have to worry about not being able to keep up on the highway (unless you're trying to keep up with a rabbit pack of 600cc and up riders) or getting run over.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Skeets

Yes, I have my real license (to the person who asked). I greatly appreciate all the responses given. This is why i'm proud to announce that I am purchasing a New Kawasaki 250r. Finally part of the family
Congrats on the final decision.
Another PWI in the making it seems

Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

congrats on the ride - now ride safe. statisticly if you can avoid wrecking in the first 6months to 1 year then you are way ahead of the curve. By then you should have developed enough skill to avoid most cagers.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TeamRiceRacing

My brother in law was in your pants last summer.
dude, i'm sooo sorry i picked that out.. i could NOT resist.
please don't beat me up. i'm a horrid *** person.

skeets.. bro, you won't get bored with that bike for a while. i rocked a weak lilwheezy cruiser for 3 years befor i jumped on a sportbike.. i've ridden 250HP busa's, R1s, 10-Rs.. all kinds of bikes, but i had just as much fun on my buddy's 250 last summer. he insisted i ride it. i was skeptical, but in no time i was doing stoppies and acking stupid and having a blast.

i don't condone stunting tho... well, until you get at least 6 months of solid riding under your belt.. and a stuntbike.. but more on that some other time.

i know guys that have literbikes and thats their first bike.. can they handle it? well' i'm not able to judge that. thats up to the rider. if you think you have enough self control and will power to keep from twisting the wick, then you can get a 600 class bike.. if you're scared to death, then break yourself in on a 250. they CAN wheelie and stoppie. i promise you that. so you'll definitely learn to be subtle and controlled with your control inputs..

bikes are all the same when you're learning.. i was deathly scared of my bike.. but after a while, i learned that if i treat it with respect and ride with caution, then i will not die.
my 7-R still catches me off gaurd sometimes with the raw power.. i admit. on big or nasty-power bikes (like my buddy's 250WHP busa..) i am intimidated a bit!! well, of course on a 250 hp bike, most ppl will be a lil scared, BUT thats what keeps you safe and alive.. the respect for the machine.. that bike will just about rip your arms off, (trust me..)or it can be as laid back as a bike half its size or smaller..

respect man.. thats the key.

you can always get a lower a bike.. if you're really scared of dropping it.. you wont really have much trouble with keeping any bike upright.. just gotta hold it steady in the middle of the balance point.. that only takes a couple pounds when at the b.p.!!

i give you a warm welcome to motorcycling and its people. we all have this common bond, no matter what we ride, the brand, the style.. its all the same to me at least..

Old 02-20-2008, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I saw it too WH...but resisted the urge to point it out...lol

Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 AM
1st Gear Member

i'm just horrid.