First post, weird HIDs problem anyone have ideals plz ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Exclamation First post, weird HIDs problem anyone have ideals plz ?

Hey,

So about a month ago i bought hids, they worked then didnt and i found out it was the fuse, replaced it and now it has been working for a month. But yesterday while riding randomly they shut off.. so im like ok ?? Then i get home and unplug it and replug the harness wires and when i turn it on it works.. but it looks like its struggling it like flickers sometimes. Then i rev it and it turns off.. i just replug it and it works.. my guess would be the vibrations.. but sometimes i turned it on it would flicker then just shut off without vibrations. So i have no clue and i am lost lol if anyone has any idea it would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the story I am also pretty sure the ballast and bulb are fine because i barely had them on for a month and bought them brand new.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

it sounds like you have a loose connection either in the plug or some where in the wire is grounding out or is loose in the one of the connections. Also the hids maybe drawing to much power from the bike or they are heating up to much and shutting off do to the termal shut down some hids have.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bluebeast
it sounds like you have a loose connection either in the plug or some where in the wire is grounding out or is loose in the one of the connections. Also the hids maybe drawing to much power from the bike or they are heating up to much and shutting off do to the termal shut down some hids have.

^+1 to this reasoning

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Only fit HID kits that are CE marked or DOT approved. Never fit an HID emitter into the stock reflector - only approved projectors give the correct beam pattern.

Anything else is illegal and may cause accidents by dazzling other drivers, Cheap HIDs don't work very well either.

Best advice is to refit the stock lamps, using something the Phillips Xtreme Power bulbs if your eyesight is poor enough to need a bit more light.

Rob

Old 06-27-2010, 12:56 AM
"A"

Make sure you've connected the HID ballast to DC power source, instead of AC power source.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:55 AM

Thanks, How would i fix that though ? like my friend told me that his hids on hes car did the same and now their dead he says he read up somewhere that if you touch the bulb with your fingers it will do that.. so im not sure like why would it shut off because of the overheat just now after a month and never did before, the weather didnt change and same thing with the lose wire but that might be a possible cause, is there any way to check if that could be the cause?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Touching any modern halogen or HID emitter is likely to **** it. The envelope uses a quartz that's very sensitive to the acids on your skin. If you accidentally touch it, clean it with alchohol.

You won't find many ac power sources on the 250 btw.

Rob