Factory Ninja 250R helmet lock impossible to work with?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Factory Ninja 250R helmet lock impossible to work with?

mark, im not trying to get you down bro, im loving the thought and inginuity your putting into this. im weird when it comes to my helmet and id hate to see yours go down. heres a few pics of the gun locks br was talking about. see if it might work for your application.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

That gun lock doesn't look like too bad of an idea. Maybe I'll look into that. Thanks BigRig18Wheeler!

The more I use that cable I made, the less I'm liking it. you're definitly right evil636 about the helmet falling off the seat. (that would really **** me off) I just want something simple and small. Even though the gun lock has the 'lock' built into it, judging by your pic, it looks small enough to work for me.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I think what evil had meant in one of his post, why not use that $4 lock from walmart and then loop it thru the handlebars. It looks like that rolls up small enough to fit into your pocket.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:32 AM

Hi i'm new here and this is my first post, I found the same problem with the helmet lock on my kawi 250. However, i found the solution.

I have a KBC helmet and I usually go through the face sheild to lock my helmet. I sort of stretch the strap but i've gotten so good i don't really fuss with anymore.

Its the easiest to go through the face shield and do a reach around type thingy,

Old 07-07-2006, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: evil636

mabey its just me but if i left my helmet on my bike, it could only take one wise *** trying to be funny around his friends to spit in it or something. i just hold my helmet wherever i go. that icon backpack is cool but its freakin huge.
I wonder why you would even think about something like that. Has someone been spitting in helmets before [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 07-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bayar3a

Hi i'm new here and this is my first post, I found the same problem with the helmet lock on my kawi 250. However, i found the solution.

I have a KBC helmet and I usually go through the face sheild to lock my helmet. I sort of stretch the strap but i've gotten so good i don't really fuss with anymore.

Its the easiest to go through the face shield and do a reach around type thingy,
lol ! welcome to the kf family.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: evil636

mabey its just me but if i left my helmet on my bike, it could only take one wise *** trying to be funny around his friends to spit in it or something. i just hold my helmet wherever i go. that icon backpack is cool but its freakin huge.
I wonder why you would even think about something like that. Has someone been spitting in helmets before [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]
i never did it, just heard some guys talking about it at the mc show in long beach. i was thinking first, id f*&k that guy up, but then hell, you really could get back at someone like that in a dirty way and then how the hell would i know who did it if it did happen.

hmmm

id never do it, seems childish, id rather kick the crap out of someone straight out then mess with their personal property.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Yup!

Old 07-07-2006, 10:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow I feel stupid. how could I overlook putting the strap through the visor! I tried it when I got home from work and it does work a lot better!

thanks bayar3a!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

dude, i told you to put the strap through the visor [sm=happybounce.gif]

and this one is still the greatest of the night
Its the easiest to go through the face shield and do a reach around type thingy

Quick Reply: Factory Ninja 250R helmet lock impossible to work with?