Edit: (STARTED)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Still not starting

i'm gunna change out the fuel, floats are fine, no water in the carbs, new battery and no fuel spilling out, bowls fill up fine.

checked on it last night to take off he carbs and i'm still getting some blowback out of the intake ports, not as strong as before but still pretty decent

Old 10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

stay with it bro you'll get it

Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM

what piolet jets are you running what are your are scroos set at

Old 10-19-2007, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

115's, running with open pipes keep in mind, top end is almost non-exsistent,set idle screws to 2.5 turns out

Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 AM

what about the piolet man the pioletis moast likely the cause if your not getting enuff of the dead dino juce at start up that is what it sounds like to me if you need to source one try http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihi...11184305252954or try for more info on the carbs try http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_a_c...arbs_explained

Old 10-20-2007, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah but here's the thing, even when spraying starter fluid in the carb's i don't get anything, but spraying directly into the ports gives me some combustion, it must have something to do with the blowback because after trying to start her with the carb's on i can smell fuel in the filters, it seems as though the blowback is causing the fuel to be pushed because and not maintaining a consistent vacuum, the pilots are fine, not clogged or anything

Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I've only seen the blowback occur after a failed startup, It shouldnt happen in normal operations and therefore shouldnt be pushing the fuel. If you are geting a blowback with every cycle instead of just after a failed start, then you may need to check it out, but if its only happening once afterwards then it shouldnt be a major concern.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Got it! She's started up, I won't say what I ****ed up because it's really embarassing but I need advice again because IM BURNING COOLANT

Went a couple blocks, at a stop light and engine is smoking fairly good, smells like coolant, so here's the first question because I think this may be what I screwed up... should I not use 50/50 from autozone? Is there a certain kind of motorcycle coolant?

Old 10-21-2007, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mott Power

Got it! She's started up, I won't say what I ****ed up because it's really embarassing but I need advice again because IM BURNING COOLANT

Went a couple blocks, at a stop light and engine is smoking fairly good, smells like coolant, so here's the first question because I think this may be what I screwed up... should I not use 50/50 from autozone? Is there a certain kind of motorcycle coolant?
Is there coolant leaking from anywhere??? Could be leaking onto the engine and burining. Rather than that im not to sure about specific coolant for a MC.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member

no i don't think so, i checked all the hose clamps, it seems to be coming from the engine

Quick Reply: Edit: (STARTED)