Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Still not starting

IPRAY that my next bike is fuel injected

Old 10-16-2007, 04:45 AM
1st Gear Member

could it be possible that my needle jets are not lifting and blocking my main jets and any fuel that comes up? i have my carbs apart next to me but i dunno what, it has been diagnosed that im not getting fuel into the engine, when i try turning her over a couple times i can smell fuel from the pod filters, i just think im not getting anything in the engine though, would this make sense?

one of my diaphrams hada film of fuel over it, the other doesnt, it has a minor laceration on the edge of the rubber but thats been there for a looong time and the bike has run with it so i dont think its enough to interfere with the diaphram contracting. could i replace my new needles with the old ones and run the new main jets still to see if it works?

just posting more info, if u can please post some suggestions because right now im running on guesses and inexperience in this field

Old 10-16-2007, 07:43 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm sorry man, I'm fresh out of ideas. This one's a beast!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Start fluid works when I spray it into the carb's and intake ports, what the hell is causing the carb's to not deliver fuel?!? Should I maybe put on the stock airbox again and see if it makes a better vacuum affect?

Old 10-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Could it be the diaphrams, main jet?
So are the diaphrams in good shape and sealed correctly? Not pinched, cracked etc? I know going back to basics again.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Got me stumped, If you are getting fuel to the cylinders and it runs on starting fluid, then it's too much, too little, or just bad gas. How old is the gas you're using?

Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Dragone: one of my diaphrams is slightly cracked around the edge, but that's been there since i bought the bike and has run fine, it's around the part which the cover seals so it isn't really cracking in the part of the diaphram that contracts.

Prom: i had some older fuel in at one point and unhooked the tank to fill the carb's with new fuel at one point but its still doing the same thing, that was about 2 weeks ago so maybe the fuel in it now is old but, its still the same symptoms

One thing i noticed when i unhooked the carbs is when i turned the bike over, it would suck in but at the last mili-second a white puff of the starter fluid (from the day before) would puff back OUT, is it maybe off by a tooth? thing is i checked the timing and its lined up, and when i put the engine together i counted 33 rivets between the intake and exhaust marks as described in the manual. intake mark seems SLIGHTLY low but on par with the exhaust mark, so im pretty sure the timing is right, but that weirded me out, that maybe its blowing it back out a little bit at the end when the piston comes up

im really getting very pissed off though, i am really aggravated beyond belief, even my friends are noticing that im going insane because i cant ridemy bike

Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Dragone: one of my diaphrams is slightly cracked around the edge, but that's been there since i bought the bike and has run fine, it's around the part which the cover seals so it isn't really cracking in the part of the diaphram that contracts.
maybe things are getting worse and air is disrupting the vacuum??? Just a thought.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

This will cause a non-synching feel and rideability issue.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mott Power
One thing i noticed when i unhooked the carbs is when i turned the bike over, it would suck in but at the last mili-second a white puff of the starter fluid (from the day before) would puff back OUT, is it maybe off by a tooth? thing is i checked the timing and its lined up, and when i put the engine together i counted 33 rivets between the intake and exhaust marks as described in the manual. intake mark seems SLIGHTLY low but on par with the exhaust mark, so im pretty sure the timing is right, but that weirded me out, that maybe its blowing it back out a little bit at the end when the piston comes up
Carbs will blowback from time to time, my bro lost his eyebrows looking down the carbs on a boat.
Never timed a 250(or any bike for that matter) but it may be possible to line everything up and be 180 degrees off, make sure you time at TDC on the compression stroke, then you can rule out your timing.
I still say fuel if you got it to turn overbut it died with throttle then check the entire fuel system, especially filters petcock, or anywhere it may get clogged.

Quick Reply: Edit: (STARTED)