Bought my first bike last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Vee
Default Bought my first bike last night

After wanting a bike for years and years, I finally broke down and bought a 250R last night. It's the first bike I've owned, but not ridden. Went and got my permit this morning and have been riding most of the day. So far I'm extremely happy and can't wait till she's broken in. Here are a few pics for your liking:

Name:  IMG_0335.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0336.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  77.3 KB

and one from my ride today:

Name:  IMG_0354.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  58.7 KB

Looks like you guys got a solid forum here. I look forward to hanging around.

Cheers!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Default RE: Bought my first bike last night

congrats, i got a green one myself a few weeks ago! is that on PCH?

get a fender eliminator and the rear seat cowl STAT!

Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

You people and your "NEW" 250R's!!![:@] It just makes me sick![:'(]

Ok, I'm kidding.Just wish I had one myself.Looks really nice though, and welcome to KF![8D]

Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Vee

The last pic was taken on Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach. What a beautiful day for my first legal bike ride! lol

Thanks for the welcome. I plan to first do the fender elim, then seat cowl and an aftermarket exhaust.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the purchase,
Ride Safe.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 AM

Did you buy it a San Diego House of motorcycles? If so, I think I looked at your bike this weekend. I even sat on it! :^P. For all you new riders, I should say this is a great choice. I've owned an FZR 600, Yamaha R6 (the 124th one ever made), and an '06 GSX-R600. Needless to say, I've been riding for a little while. Now.... even I'M looking at picking up a 250R. It's a great deal, looks pretty decent, and will save you a ton on gas money.

I can tell you from experience that it sux to ride a fast bike slow. It's almost impossible to do the posted speed limit. With a 250R, I'd expect to have a great time without worring so much about tickets. Congrats on the new bike! Can I ask how much it ran you out the door? The lowest price I've found was $4400.

Dave

Old 03-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Vee

ORIGINAL: davesoly

Did you buy it a San Diego House of motorcycles? If so, I think I looked at your bike this weekend. I even sat on it! :^P. For all you new riders, I should say this is a great choice. I've owned an FZR 600, Yamaha R6 (the 124th one ever made), and an '06 GSX-R600. Needless to say, I've been riding for a little while. Now.... even I'M looking at picking up a 250R. It's a great deal, looks pretty decent, and will save you a ton on gas money.

I can tell you from experience that it sux to ride a fast bike slow. It's almost impossible to do the posted speed limit. With a 250R, I'd expect to have a great time without worring so much about tickets. Congrats on the new bike! Can I ask how much it ran you out the door? The lowest price I've found was $4400.

Dave
That's where I got it and yes, you probably sat on my bike lol. Were you the one who put 1.7 miles on her? lol

I ended up paying about $4475 after taxes, reg, assembly, etc, etc.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:15 AM

[/quote]

That's where I got it and yes, you probably sat on my bike lol. Were you the one who put 1.7 miles on her? lol

I ended up paying about $4475 after taxes, reg, assembly, etc, etc.

[/quote]

Nope, I didn't even start it up. I actually wasn't even considering the bike at the time. I was there looking at a supermoto style bike, but ended up throwing my leg over the Ninja just to see how it felt. I've been doing my research, and it's a great deal for that price. I sold my used GSX-R for $6700. Now I think to myself, I could keep about $3000 of that money in the bank AND have a brand new bike to commute to work on....not to mention saving on wear and tear on my car. My next inspection is gonna cost me $1800!!!! LAME!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

VEE!! congrats on the bike man!!!!! welcome to the brotherhood, sir!!

enjoy and be safe.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice Bike! Congrats!

Gear up! Trust me - don't let people say you look like a dork...if you go down and don't have it on you will wish you had!

enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Bought my first bike last night