Bottle Water

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Default RE: Bottle Water

Sorry about the bold-must have accidently triggered it with Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

If that is the case, just put it on the ride for free for taking day.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 PM

For what its worth. I usually take my helmet because I keep my gear on so it helps explain why an old lady would be walking through Target looking like she should be playing in the snow in the middle of summer. Slish slish slish.
If I am in an area where vandalism to the helmet isnt likely but some kid may think its funny to walk off with it I use a cable gun lock through the chin area and grab bar. They're only 12" long total so 6" long locked and the cable and lock have covers to prevent scratching. They're small enough to fit in a pocket.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-06-2007, 07:12 PM

mnosbor

I started to buy one of those and use it, but the lock on the tag is so convienient. The shell side is up so nobody is encoureged to throw something inside, its away from the exhaust and most people dont even notice it. An added bonus is, its free. I am really happy with it.

I did order a new helmit though, they said it was really quite in the write up, the one I have now is really loud.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM

What helmet do you have and what are you looking at?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 PM

I now have a Fulmer and am getting a Schuberth. Both are open face helmits and you have to put the speakers in or repad the speaker area. I already have my speakers ready, although I seldom get a call and the GPS is usually off while going down the road ( i like to pull over to fiddle with mine, unless I am in the city finding a certain place with many turns, then I listen).

Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 AM

I am looking into getting a Shark. They were compared to Shuberth and have been tested to be as good.
If the Shuberth is on the way already its still a great helmet is just not the end all be all for the $.

Also Im not fond of the Snell certification which is why Im leaning to the european certs. I am still wearing a Fullmer Shaman, the optics in the visor are horrible and really bother my astigmatism. The Shark are supposed to be much better. Now I just need the $.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Why are you unfond of the Snell certification?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:07 AM

The helmet may survive the impact but they dont take into consideration how hard your brain smacks into the side of your skull when it comes to an abrubt halt against the harder shell. Its possible some manufactures may do a better job than others but no ones mentioning it.

The problem I have with the whole thing is that they keep increasing the impact amounts, which is fine but I have the gut feeling its to keep their pockets full and not in the best interest of the riders brain. The skull may be intact but the rider could become just as brain damaged and its an injury thats harder to detect and treat.

So when I read the few research articles here and there it affirmed what I suspected. Others will say its only a few articles but how many have facilities to actually do decent research, so theyre limited.

The funny thing for me is that I wont wear snell but I wouldnt tell anyone not to wear snell, they should research it first and come to their own opinion. I dont want to be responsible. BTW my husband wears a new snell helmet, his choice.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 PM

Mine has a british certification also. But I think my doctor said it best "What in the world are you doing riding a motorcycle? Do you realize that if you crash on that thing, all the armor and helmits in the world wont do you a bit of good. Your bones are so old and brittle the jolt alone will kill you instantly." Hehe, just so I have a smile on my face.

Quick Reply: Bottle Water