250 waiting list

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Default 250 waiting list

I have had money down on an 08' 250r for over a month now. i am sure that i am not the only one out there that has spent at least some amount of time on a waiting list for one of these. My question is basically, how much longer can i expect to wait?? what are some of the timeframes that you all have had to spend on a waiting list?? I am from Wiscosnsin so i am sure that Kawasaki does not show as much love to my state as it would a state thathas summer yearround. If you are from the backwoods and spent some time waiting, i'despecially like to hear your story. I made an arrangement with my dealer that if i did not see my bike by August 1st, from that time forward i could get my downpayment back at anytrime but i need to know when it's realistic to give up. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Default RE: 250 waiting list

When I got my bike, I was lucky. I had gone in to the dealer to look at a used 250 and was going to buy it. The dealer I was working with told me that they were expecting a shipment in from Kawasaki within the next two weeks and that if I wanted to wait, I could. I took his advise and waited, and when the shipment ame in, there were four 250's. I was the last on the list and had to get the black 250. Good thing is that that is the color I wanted. My brother has been waiting for two + months now for his 250. He just might size up to a 600 if the wait goes into mid July.

Hold out as long as you can. See if the dealer will keep you on the list and refund your downpayment. That could be another option in the waiting game.

Good Luck!

Mark

Old 07-08-2008, 06:03 PM

I was told that the last of the 08 production was in July so if you don't see your bike by then get an 09 in November. BTW, I waited over a month for my 08 Ninja and got it last week and it was well worth the wait!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I have been told the following by several dealers over the past couple of months.
1. You'll have to wait for an 09 in late September.
2. We can put you on a list, but your pretty much out of luck
3. All08 250 Ninjas to be received have already been sold.

But good luck toeverybody that is trying to get one.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm not patient enough to tolerate BS like 'waiting lists'. It'd have to be a whole helluva lot more special than Kawasaki's cheapest, smallest bike for me to entertain the notion of being on a list. It's being treated as the last 250 sport bike on the planet and I'm sure Kawasaki loves it that way.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll agree with that 94Ninja, not sure why you can't produce enough of your #1 selling product. Work overtime & decrease your profit a little, that is what we do to make sure we get our product to our customer, and keep our customers.
You start to lose customers to other suppliers if you don't.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:46 PM

Thank you all for the quick reply!!! it is at least good to know that at least one of you recently recieved a bike from being on a waiting list. The dealers all tell you something different. Of all the people, they should know for sure whats going on and if more bikes can be expected. Don't they have reps????I am completely with you all on how BS the waiting list deal is. I agree in that the #1 selling bike should also be there most produced however they did just bring the bike back from the ole drawing board so to speak. I am not as hard up for one as some of these fools out there paying well over MSRP for a used one. I've ridden one and they are definitely the real deal but not for 1,500 over dealer MSRP. From what i am hearing here, it sounds like i should wait until at least the 1st week in August before giving up on 08'. Thank you all again!!!!

J.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I started calling today about gettingon a list for an09.

I was told by a dealer that "1" 09 Ninja 250 would be shipped to each Kawasaki dealer in the U.S. during the first shipment, yes "1".
They told me the list of names for the 08 would carry over to the 09, and that it may be spring 09 before i could actually get one.
This dealer also told me they had received calls from all over the country from people trying to buy these.

This situation is really interesting.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 AM
1st Gear Member

i have also been on a waiting list for 2 weeks now (1st in line for whichever color comes in)...soi called Kawasaki Customer Service today and they told me they are 1 month behind on their shipping,SOME dealerships will be receiving 2-408'sa month from here on out till the 09's come out, and nobody knows which color they will be receiving nor the exactdates.so then after that i called all3 dealerships in my area and theypretty much told methe same thing...that they are only expecting a couple a month but dont know any dates. hope that eases ur anxiety...cuz it doesnt ease mine...im dying to receive that call!

and to make matters worse...for me atleast...when i first gave my down payment i was 2nd on the list...well 2 days later they called me that they received 2 red 08's...and if i wanted the 2nd one...and like an idiot i said NO! red is the last colored i'd want...any other color would be fine w/ me...so hopefully soon i will have it. wish u all luck!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Red is the color i was wanting.....lol

I made one last call to a different dealer that is around 100 miles from where i live. They said they were receiving a Blue 250 in about a week, two guys on the list want black & one may have pulled out all together, he said not to hold my breath but there was a slight chance for me on this one.
I for sure said i would take it.

Quick Reply: 250 waiting list