Are you keeping dry Mav?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Exclamation Are you keeping dry Mav?

I heard this morning that there had been some flooding and evacuations in and around Coffs Harbour over night.
I hope you wern't too badly affected Mav.

Still, nothing like a bit of rain to make the track more interesting.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 AM
1st Gear Member

G'day Neil,

been bloody wet I can tell you I was up till midnight last night watching the water. In the street in front of the place the water was over my knees and flowing, there was bags of rubbish floating past. The water came within 2" of coming in the front door and I had to drain the pool twice in an hour (not empty of course just to keep it from overflowing).

One report of 600mm (24 inches) in 24 hours from Boambee (15km south) was broadcast on the radio this morning. We had a river of water behind us and in front, no cars could get in or out. Scary stuff, 2 blokes in a car were washed over a bridge and had to be rescued out of a tree in the creek.

Woke up this morning and all gone, the drive to work was strange no cars at all moving in the city till I got to the highway even then only saw 4 cars (moving) and 3 trucks. There was cars everywhere on the road where people had got stuck, left their cars and walked or got a ride with the SES. There was even a car in a ditch beside the road on the way to work. Normally that time of morning it can be quite busy with people going fishing or to work etc. Can you say ghost town

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
G'day Neil,

been bloody wet I can tell you I was up till midnight last night watching the water. In the street in front of the place the water was over my knees and flowing, there was bags of rubbish floating past. The water came within 2" of coming in the front door and I had to drain the pool twice in an hour (not empty of course just to keep it from overflowing).

One report of 600mm (24 inches) in 24 hours from Boambee (15km south) was broadcast on the radio this morning. We had a river of water behind us and in front, no cars could get in or out. Scary stuff, 2 blokes in a car were washed over a bridge and had to be rescued out of a tree in the creek.

Woke up this morning and all gone, the drive to work was strange no cars at all moving in the city till I got to the highway even then only saw 4 cars (moving) and 3 trucks. There was cars everywhere on the road where people had got stuck, left their cars and walked or got a ride with the SES. There was even a car in a ditch beside the road on the way to work. Normally that time of morning it can be quite busy with people going fishing or to work etc. Can you say ghost town
Close call Mav
Just saw on the news that the water is receding.
Good to hear.
(got to get over there some time soon, magnificent part of the world NSW North coast)

Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

kawi makes jet ski's too

Old 04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
kawi makes jet ski's too

+1.....

Old 04-02-2009, 05:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I know I rode the first model (Kawi 440), also have ridden a 650 both pole skis man that 650 was fast. I also hired a couple of years ago a sit down type and rode it at the beach with my children on the back. That was different riding it at the beach.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

just joshing with ya mav. ive rode the stx 1100 my neighbor owns, OMG!! nucking futz hope all is well with you man!
Originally Posted by MaverickAus
I know I rode the first model (Kawi 440), also have ridden a 650 both pole skis man that 650 was fast. I also hired a couple of years ago a sit down type and rode it at the beach with my children on the back. That was different riding it at the beach.

Old 06-12-2021, 01:07 AM
Default Wet Weather Driving

I remember how dangerous the driving conditions we're during this time. This is why when we conduct our driving lessons in Coffs Harbour we pay extra focus on ensuring our students are more than comfortable driving in very wet conditions. Whether that be on a motorbike or car!