Yo EMS...you see this

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 05:25 AM
1st Gear Member

LMAO. That's some funny s@#t right there.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
In your backyard.

04 ktm 450 exc .. $3,100....less miles than your klx too.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396243
Too late, HardTaco bought it. Here it is in my garage, Josh brought it over on his way home:

We checked and adjusted the valves and took her out for a short midnight run. It runs real sweet, very snappy, appears to be jetted well, and overall feels great. Josh said the prior owner had the suspension done and it feels VERY nice. The tires on it suck, though, taking care of that is the first order of business.

Josh was not happy because when we took the seat and tank off to check the valves, there was, god forbid, dirt under there. Josh is about like Deej when it comes to bike detailing. It bugged him all evening, but when I pointed him to a roll of paper towels and a bottle of Windex, I saw him noticeably relax and loosen up, enjoying life once again.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

The KTM garage huh? Well thats a sweet ride!!! looks likes its all blinged out and ready to ride.... beside tires.... good deal.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

s#it Where is mine?? lol

Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Ha, the guy must have had a set of good tires on it and sold them, and then took a rear tire from the very used tire pile, and what looks like a front tire from a DRZ?
Either that, or dude rides some wierd assed terrain.... or some funky other explination.
Looks awsome otherwise!
One more KLXer gone orange..
On the debate of the 525 being a little much for the woods, I can second that. As a KLX owner, of course I was sick of looking for mods to get power.. tired of wanting more *****. After riding a couple 550 bergs briefly the torque put a smile on my face, like 10 childhood christmas's jamed into 1. Of course as you guys know, I got the 525 ktm.

In the tight woods: rocks, roots, water, mud, slow riding with lots of bumps.. The 525 is a bit of a handful. I think nicer than the KLX was, being lighter, and more power. But when in the technical stuff I wish there was a switch to back off the torque. My hands get sore from holding on, even though I am mostly to blame.. ha, if ONLY I would stop cranking that throttle!
Ohhhh baby but get on the open road and to feel that torque trying to pull the bike from underneath.. feels cool! 6th gear wheelies, is awsome to have the power to do..
I think next for me will be a 2t gas gas or ktm 300 xc..

Old 10-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by green242
Ha, the guy must have had a set of good tires on it and sold them, and then took a rear tire from the very used tire pile, and what looks like a front tire from a DRZ?
Either that, or dude rides some wierd assed terrain.... or some funky other explination.
From what Josh said, the previous owner has something like three other KTM's in his garage, so I'm guessing this one didn't get much action. Still, that's no excuse to put wimpy tires on it. I knew we were going riding today so last evening I gave him an old front which was not too bad and an old TrackMaster II that had seen better days, but even so they were light years ahead of what it came with. That'll get him by at least until he can get some fresh ones.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Too late, HardTaco bought it. Here it is in my garage, Josh brought it over on his way home:

Told ya Hard Taco was all over it.....I know a good deal