Which years KLX300 cylinders fit our bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Which years KLX300 cylinders fit our bike?

Search has begun and I want to make sure which years from the 300's will work with our bike.

Thanks

Old 02-06-2007, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Which years KLX300 cylinders fit our bike?

Look no further.
All KLX300 cylinders (all years) will fit the KLX250S. Now, if you have one of the old KLX250R's, which were sold in the U.S. from 94-96, the KLX300 cylinderwill NOTfit your case without machining.

You can research if you wan't, or you can use the fruits of my previous labors. I have researched this issue in-depth.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Great, thanks

Old 02-06-2007, 04:46 PM

You guys need to stop talking about this 300cc crap, I don't have the money to buy one right now [:@]. This forum is a bad influence on me.

How much would it cost to get one installed? What would be the highest price one would pay for the labor? Is it hard to do it yourself? Ahhh forget it, I think that I will just get a 45 tooth rear and be done with it.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

You guys need to stop talking about this 300cc crap, I don't have the money to buy one right now [:@]. This forum is a bad influence on me.

How much would it cost to get one installed? What would be the highest price one would pay for the labor? Is it hard to do it yourself? Ahhh forget it, I think that I will just get a 45 tooth rear and be done with it.
You should just stop coming here.... im in the same boat.. i can afford it right now.... but i want to sooooooo bad....... damn bad influences.... it never ends!

Old 02-06-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
You should just stop coming here.... im in the same boat.. i can afford it right now.... but i want to sooooooo bad....... damn bad influences.... it never ends!
If you can afford it then you should go ahead and get it . lol. I think that the 45 will do it for me. I have done all the rest of the free mods and rejetted, put a white bros. exhaust on it. From what I hear the 45 tooth has a bigger affect then all those mods. So looks like I will be satisfied with that.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Oops... it was supposed to say i CANT afford it..... me and my fingers are having a disagreement....

Old 02-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

You know it doesn't stop at the 300 or 331 ...

I thought I was done after 331 + Keihin FCR. But I just put on some Raptor bars. Got that Baja Designs tail light. Just got some Bridgestone Ultra-Duty tubes - those things are like 5mm thick rubber, I think the tube is thicker than the sidewall.

But my big recent expense is, well, I'm going to leave it a secret for now. But it has nothing to with performance, however, it has everything to do with making the KLX even more enjoyable. I've placed my order and am waiting in line for it - it's a product that is in high demand from a small custom shop and the service line goes out the door and around the corner and down the block, hence the wait. I think I should have it by late April.

At any rate, after all the bills are paid and the essentials are taken care of, try putting a little money away each month in a jar labeled "KLX". After the jar has enough in it, treat yourself.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

But my big recent expense is, well, I'm going to leave it a secret for now. But it has nothing to with performance, however, it has everything to do with making the KLX even more enjoyable. I've placed my order and am waiting in line for it - it's a product that is in high demand from a small custom shop and the service line goes out the door and around the corner and down the block, hence the wait. I think I should have it by late April.
Gas Tank???

Old 02-07-2007, 03:24 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Good guess, but nope! I already got me one of those.

Quick Reply: Which years KLX300 cylinders fit our bike?