Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Default RE: Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I never noticed that alot of you guys are from Washington. Why don't you guys have a BIG KLX Day out. You guys should really push the KLX to the extreme and go slap a bear while your in some knarley terrain and then gun it on your KLX and see whos the fastest[sm=yikesomg.gif]. Make sure to get some pictures!!

Old 04-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I think they are about 8 ft apart, which sounds like a lot, but even with the 13 tooth on the bike I had to feather the clutch so as not to go too fast. The only guy out of the 6 of us that took the test that day only one guy didn't pass and I think it was because he was on a 250 ninja, and the steering is really short on those bikes. He hit the same cone twice. Man I'm glad that's over.
ORIGINAL: westcan

Right on!

Im taking th MSF couse in two days, hopefully I'll be able to ride my bike within the next week .

Ps.. How far apart are those cones while going through the serpentine ?

Regards

Old 04-14-2006, 08:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats you guys, well done

Old 04-14-2006, 09:39 AM

Awesome Deej and Scat. Now you can have some fun out there without having to worry about the boys in blue giving you a hard time. I have the license... just need the bike. haha. And i know you're all sick of me deciding between the 250 and the 650, so I won't start .

S

Old 04-14-2006, 03:44 PM

Hey smurph , You are in edmonton Alberta ? If so I got a 2006 klx 250s with 80km's on it for sale. I picked her up last week at cycle works. I got the bike as a birthday present but its not the bike I was looking for. Bike is paid in full etc. $5850.00 obo

Regards

Old 04-14-2006, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: westcan

Right on!

Im taking th MSF couse in two days, hopefully I'll be able to ride my bike within the next week .

Ps.. How far apart are those cones while going through the serpentine ?

Regards

westcan,

I don't know where you're located at, but I must commend you on your choice of actions!

As an MSF RiderCoach I see on a regular basis folks that can squeak by on the license test that really have no concept of riding a motorcycle. The test is most states requires you to make slow speed manuvers on a motorcycle, but nothing above 5 mph of speed is required. How many times to you actually ride at that speed?

While the MSF Basic Rider or Experienced Rider Courses are not the best in the world, they are - in my opinion - so much ahead of whatever else there is out there. That's why I have taken the time and effort to become certifified and also to teach. Believe me, it is not for the money that I spend summer days out on the asphalt where the temps are in the 120's. It is because there are so many folks out there that really do not know how to ride.

Neither MSF course will make a proficient rider, but it will teach you the skills necessary so that you can practice on your own to become a safe and skilled motorcyclist.

I highly recommend it for ALL riders! In the almost 1500 students that I have taught, I have NEVER had one that has not learned something from the course when I teach it. I have had several of them come back and tell me "THANK YOU!" when they have used one of the skills that I instilled in them to save their butt in an emergency situation. Most of them feel that their money is well spent when they complete either the Basic or Experienced Rider Course at the facility that I teach at.

Thanks for making a wise choice.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: smurph

Awesome Deej and Scat. Now you can have some fun out there without having to worry about the boys in blue giving you a hard time. I have the license... just need the bike. haha. And i know you're all sick of me deciding between the 250 and the 650, so I won't start .

S
Thanks smurph much appreciated .

Old 04-14-2006, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I highly recommend it for ALL riders! In the almost 1500 students that I have taught, I have NEVER had one that has not learned something from the course when I teach it. I have had several of them come back and tell me "THANK YOU!" when they have used one of the skills that I instilled in them to save their butt in an emergency situation. Most of them feel that their money is well spent when they complete either the Basic or Experienced Rider Course at the facility that I teach at.

Thanks for making a wise choice.
In PA, when you get your permit, some of the money goes toward the Motorcycle Safety Program (MSP). At the end of the four day course, you get your license. Unless you still can't ride. I am already signed up for class next month. The classes are very popular and fill up in minutes. So many riders have told me how much they got out of the class, plus it's free! (sorta)

PA Motorcycle Safety Program (MSP)

Old 04-15-2006, 03:53 AM

Wow, I wish it was sorta free down here, but thats definatley not the case, its $250.00. But I would like to take it in the near future.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:03 AM

Something to think about - - - - - My School owner is also an avid dualsport rider. I have a lot of latitude when doing classes with scheduling and such.

I would not be against putting something together down in Florida - I would strongly suggest the Experienced Rider Course . . . . you use your own bike, it's a single day and it's only $70! (I can get a discount if I set the whole thing up)

If there is adequate interest, I will look into scheduling a class, just let me know.

I would love nothing more than having a class with nothing but dualsport bikes - mostly KLX250S's.

After the class, we could go exploring in the Ocala National Forest!