X Games Enduro, anyone else going to watch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default X Games Enduro, anyone else going to watch?

Have any of you guys been checking out the Moto X games?

Some pretty cool stuff.

Sunday night is the debut of the "Moto X Enduro "

All the KTM's, Husabergs, Kawi's, etc..... going through mud holes, rocks, tires

It airs on ESPN2 at 9:15-11:00 eastern.

Just thought I would give a heads up for all of you to check it out.

Here is a link:Enduro X, explained: The new hybrid Moto X event combines Supercross with off road, trials and enduro - ESPN

Old 07-31-2011, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Member

We have those events here. I worked one a couple of years ago. It's definitely one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, and destined to ruin enduro, and hare scrambles the way supercross has ruined motocross.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:40 AM
1st Gear Member

I read the article after I posted that.

Check the quote from the "inventor" of the sport

"I thought that Endurocross would do for off-road racing what Supercross did for motocross," Peronnard said of moving enduro from spectator-unfriendly forests to the cushy seats of air-conditioned arenas.
I'm sure he's right, unfortunately.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds cool to me...........I'm tuning in.
Thanks for posting this.....I would of missed it otherwise.

btw - I disagree with above comments. Just a different version, I don't think it's ruining anything. Motocross is still alive and well all over the place, what ya mean?
I just attended the Pro Nationals here and it was awesome with a huge turnout.
I also go to several of the local district 23 motocross races and they are booming with riders and spectators.
Completely disagree...

Old 07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
1st Gear Member

supercross hasent ruined motocross in any way shape or form!!! they both kick ***

Old 07-31-2011, 12:51 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 thanks for posting.
I rode the Zwingle IA. harescramble last fall and they had an enduro cross section in it. The obstacles were definitely challenging, but I liked it.
What don't you like about it Zomby? The "Stupidest" comment is pretty strong.
Dan

Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm stoked endurocross is getting some decent exposure! Got it set to record on the DVR.

I also am a fan of supercross just as much as I'm a fan of motocross. I can't see how endurocross is going to ruin regular outdoor off-road racing.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Its even better when the machines are set up with lights and the heats are run with the lights in the arena are turned off.... yes they do have heats like that.

Having participated in off road racing that sounds way freakin fun to me.

No rain, no dust, chit loads of people aroiund to cheer you on/to watch you eat it, whaambulance right there if you bail, geeze have friends right there to laugh it up. What could be better!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't get the obstacles for the sake of obstacles. I like enduros, and hare scramble because of the natural element. There is no way a pile of rocks, some telephone poles, and tractor tires can reproduce that kind of experience, and that experience is the whole idea.

I raced motocross in the 70's, before super cross. The tracks were fast, rugged, and natural. These days (you can thank super cross for this), it's become perfectly normal for people to build a track in a flat field, with 20 jumps, and call it motocross. IT'S NOT MOTOCROSS.
Double, triple, table top, woop section, repeat as required. Personally, I find it boring. My club races at 4, or 5 tracks like this, and i don't attend those races. Back in the day, if somebody built a track like that, they'd not only get laughed at, but they'd go bankrupt in a few months. 30 minutes from my house, is a track used in the Canadian national series called gopher dunes. It's built in a flat field of 18" deep sand, and they actually run national championships there. It embarrasses me as a Canadian racer.
That's how super cross has ruined motocross.

This is motocross

This is lame

Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HeavyFuel
I'm stoked endurocross is getting some decent exposure! Got it set to record on the DVR.

I also am a fan of supercross just as much as I'm a fan of motocross. I can't see how endurocross is going to ruin regular outdoor off-road racing.
Yeah I'll be watching for sure, thanks for the heads up. As far as ruining hare scrambles and enduros, I'm not seeing it either. When's the last time you saw a televised hare scramble or enduro? What's that? Never? Lol

The people that race hare scrambles and enduros will still race hare scrambles and enduros whether EX events are held or not. The only thing I can think of that might happen is that more people will start racing them after watching or attending an EX event, and that's a good thing.

Quick Reply: X Games Enduro, anyone else going to watch?