WTF is with these Harley riders?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What is with these Harley riders?

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

Yeah, I read it. And then it became a "lets bash all Harley riders" My point is that there are total idiots out there riding every type of bike made! Recognize that and move on. What they did was absolutly out of line! But then you had to bring me up in the conversation. Get it???????
1. This is a Kawasaki Forum. If other bikes get bashed so be it. If you go to Redsoxnations.com, they will be bashing the NYYankees. It never ceases to amaze me how insecure Harldly Ableson riders are. Other bikes get bashed all the time on different forums and nobody really complains except for the Hardly Ableson "riders" who always start crying foul. Ironic thing is, Nobody, but NOBODY bashes other bikes more than Hardly Ableson "riders". NOBODY!

2. Yes there are total idiots out there riding every type of bike. However, this example of a large group of motorcycles going insanely slow holding up traffic(including mopeds andWinnebegos)not letting anyone pass and pissing offevery motorist on the road is pretty much exclusive Hardly Ableson territory. I don't know of any other group of motorcyclist that do that.

I'd really like to continue this "intelligent "debate but I see that you didn't come prepared!

Besides that I havea XL that's calling my name. I'm going riding! Ya'all have a nice evening!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtgreen

That said, I don't know if I would have tried to pass a pack of 15 bikes if I couldn't do it safely all in one shot, and the KLX would needa pretty long straightaway to do that.

If you're only passing a few at a time then you're basically forcing yourself into their group. No offense to you, but I think that could be seen as kind of rude and unsafe. I certainly wouldn't do anything to endanger you, but, yeah,I might flip you off too. Sorry man.
Are you ****ing serious?? If 15 a$$holes are "riding" at insanely slow and illegal lowspeeds, then the burden is on them to get the **** out of the way. They should go out of the way to let another motorcycle/car/moped/bicycle/pedestrian go by.

You might flip off another motorcyclist when you are the one in the wrong?!?! Wow! Just wow!
Hey now, simmer down bro. I misunderstood his situation. 15 guys taking up both lanes on a four lane highway is lame and possibly illegal. But picking off guys in formation one-by-one on a two lane is pretty lame too, IMO. I look at groups of bikeslike tractor trailers. If I can't take the whole thing in one shot, then I either start looking for another route or I just sit back and enjoy the ride. The last I looked riding or driving 10 mph below the speed limit wasn't illegal.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Well said FM!

I had a discussion with a lady who had been riding about two years, on her own Sportster. She said the reason they like to ride in formation was to keep people from breaking up the formation which they think is safer. My reply about less room to maneuver to avoid holes, break away pipes, etc. was incomprehensible to her. So that's one reason, they think it is safer to cower together, or cluster.
The other reason is they feel like their space is being intruded upon. They are the sensitive type after all. They avoid discussion of technology because they really do not grasp well the physics and solutions to problems. I love to see them in a thunderstorm sitting under the overpass, on the guard rail. And their tires, 20 year old Dunlop design on brand new bikes. We should pity these idiots. Chaps?!!? A nice way to lose that excess ****!

Intrude if they are holding you up. Challenge their ill conceived sense of superiority. If you really want to have some fun, get in front of them on a sharp turn and pull a brake job. Then speed away as they "cluster" (of course do this on your "other" bike and not the KLX).

It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The windnoise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you sh_t your pants every now and then. Suck it up. -- Scary Gary Mc

Old 07-25-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

I'd really like to continue this "intelligent "debate but I see that you didn't come prepared!

Besides that I havea XL that's calling my name. I'm going riding! Ya'all have a nice evening!
This was never a debate. It's a forum and we express our opinions and feelings. You have yours, I have mine. Ifthe twotrain shall not meet, so be it. Like Klx250s_rider said, it's supposed to be fun. I don't post in threads that I don't have fun posting in.

Have fun on the XL, ride safe!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtgreen

Hey now, simmer down bro. I misunderstood his situation. 15 guys taking up both lanes on a four lane highway is lame and possibly illegal. But picking off guys in formation one-by-one on a two lane is pretty lame too, IMO. I look at groups of bikeslike tractor trailers. If I can't take the whole thing in one shot, then I either start looking for another route or I just sit back and enjoy the ride.
No problem and I misunderstood you as well. Alls good bro.

I agree with overtaking the whole infestation in one shottoo...if you have a R1.....how the hell do you do that with a KLX?

And it also goes back to what I said about how the burden should be on the Harley guys to let another motorcyclist on their way. KLX250S_rider should never have been put in the position he was put in.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Well said FM!

I had a discussion with a lady who had been riding about two years, on her own Sportster. She said the reason they like to ride in formation was to keep people from breaking up the formation which they think is safer. My reply about less room to maneuver to avoid holes, break away pipes, etc. was incomprehensible to her. So that's one reason, they think it is safer to cower together, or cluster.
The other reason is they feel like their space is being intruded upon. They are the sensitive type after all. They avoid discussion of technology because they really do not grasp well the physics and solutions to problems. I love to see them in a thunderstorm sitting under the overpass, on the guard rail. And their tires, 20 year old Dunlop design on brand new bikes. We should pity these idiots. Chaps?!!? A nice way to lose that excess ****!

Intrude if they are holding you up. Challenge their ill conceived sense of superiority. If you really want to have some fun, get in front of them on a sharp turn and pull a brake job. Then speed away as they "cluster".

It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The windnoise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you sh_t your pants every now and then. Suck it up. -- Scary Gary Mc
Yea ever see a 800lb bike with a 300lb rider recover from braking while in a turn LMAO [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree with overtaking the whole infestation in one shottoo...if you have a R1.....how the hell do you do that with a KLX?
LOL! The short answer is... youdon't! Not on my stocker at least.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Yea ever see a 800lb bike with a 300lb rider recover from braking while in a turn LMAO [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
[sm=badidea.gif]

You forgot about their 250lbs spousal unit in the pillion....

Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member

I think it would be worthy of mounting a camcorder on your tail rack and filming the mayhem behind you. I'll be watching for it on YouTube!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok, WTF is with Iowaguy bashing somebody who owns a metric cruiser?Wherethe F*ck do you get off sayingnon-Harley motorcyclesarejust not in the same class? That sounds just like my arrogant Harley riding co-worker that says the same thing. Of course he also says if it ain't a Harley it ain't a real bike. If anything, all the metric cruisers are in a league of their ownsince they've raised the bar so much higher. TheAmerican competition (Harley) has been playing catch-up for years now. You say I, and others here need to educate themselves before posting anything negative about Harley Davidson, or their a**hole riders. But let me tell you, I am well educated. That's why choose to spend my hard earnedmoney on the superior made Japanese product. Even European motorcycles are engineered to a much higher standard than Harley Davidson. I also heard you say that Harley comes up with moreinnovations and makes more changes than the Japanese manufacturers. What? Look at the sportbikes for example. Much more well thought outengineering and technology goes into building thesemotorcycles than what Harley invests into their line up, and it shows.

Now about Harley riders. Of course not all Harley riders are total a**holes. But stereotypes of jackass Harley riders are known because a large number of them are jerks. It's all about the "image" of what a Harley guy should look and act like. (stereotyping, but largely true.) Harley riders always change themselves to fit the perceived attitude of the bike they ride. And that's how we get jerk-offs that ride 10mph under the speed limit, and take up the whole road. Not to mention flipping you off if you try and pass.

Quick Reply: WTF is with these Harley riders?