WTF is with these Harley riders?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What is with these Harley riders?

Yep both lanes and driving 10 below the speed limit. This is something that happens all the time out here - they c*ck block!

"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your limited knowledge."

Old 07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member

ok now i understand better - at first it sounded like you were saying that they were in stagger formation in a single lane (as they should be) - this makes much more sense and yes is illegal in most states.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

I was riding in north Scottsdale when I came up behind a Harley "parade" formation. I was stuck behind fifteen bikes – in staggered formation – all cursing 10 mph below the speed limit. I was stuck for miles. The road finally opened up I started to pass. Each time I tried to pass a bike the rider and/or passenger gave me the finger. The "leader" did everything he could to keep me from passing him including blocking me and forcing me into the oncoming lane. What is with these ******?

LOL. Typical behavior of a POS loser wannabe midlife crisis viagara poppin' ultra insecureHarley riding dirtbag.

Actually there was an incident similar to this in NYC a few years ago that made the news. Some old geezer in a pickup(obvioulsy with some booze in his system) got so tired of being stuck behind a similar infestation of Harley nonrider a$$holes that he started to pass them in azig zag formation. Being drunk that he was, he started to take out the ridersone by one. [&:]

If I everdeteriorate to the point of riding slow enough to **** off some old geezer in a pickup, shoot me!

Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, it's cool. I didn'trealize you were ona four lane road. I was imagining the hilly, curvy, frost-heaved two-lanes we have around here. If they were taking up both lanes in your direction, then that's pretty lame.

...andI wouldn't mind if Vermont returned to its original status as an independent republic. I bet we could get most ofNew Hampshire andMaine, and parts ofupstate New York, Quebec andNewfoundland to come with us. TheSaint Lawrence seaway and the Maine coastline would be key.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

"Nothing is worth doing unless it has potential to f_ckup your whole life"

Old 07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

ORIGINAL: vtgreen
If you're only passing a few at a time then you're basically forcing yourself into their group. No offense to you, but I think that could be seen as kind of rude and unsafe. I certainly wouldn't do anything to endanger you, but, yeah,I might flip you off too. Sorry man.
a very valid point
Sheit on the R1 drop a gear and smoke there arss's with the front wheel off the ground. I hate *** HD riders who think they own the road [>:]

Old 07-25-2007, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vtgreen

That said, I don't know if I would have tried to pass a pack of 15 bikes if I couldn't do it safely all in one shot, and the KLX would needa pretty long straightaway to do that.

If you're only passing a few at a time then you're basically forcing yourself into their group. No offense to you, but I think that could be seen as kind of rude and unsafe. I certainly wouldn't do anything to endanger you, but, yeah,I might flip you off too. Sorry man.
Are you ****ing serious?? If 15 a$$holes are "riding" at insanely slow and illegal lowspeeds, then the burden is on them to get the **** out of the way. They should go out of the way to let another motorcycle/car/moped/bicycle/pedestrian go by.

You might flip off another motorcyclist when you are the one in the wrong?!?! Wow! Just wow!

Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Member

When you come right down to it there is a lot to be said for riding exclusively on gravel and dirt roads.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

When you come right down to it there is a lot to be said for riding exclusively on gravel and dirt roads.
Right on. And if I'm going down a dirt trail at 30 mph and some zit faced kid on a Husky or a Katoom wants to go by at50 mph, I will happily yield the way.

Quick Reply: WTF is with these Harley riders?