WTF is with these Harley riders?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Default RE: What is with these Harley riders?

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

I've dealt with dueschebag Harley riders before, but never an entire pack of idiots before. Most Harley riders I see are an absolute joke anyway. They can't face change, which is why they buy motorcycles that haven't changed in 50 yrs. If any of those turds were by themselves, their attitude would be a lot different towards you.
educate yourself- I would be willing to bet that HD changes their bikes more year in and year out than japanese manufacturers. the whole sportster line was revamped in '04 and has seen major changes from then to the new '08's, the dyna chassis was redesignedin '07, and they just introduced their new 96 cubic inch big twin with fuel injection standard that goes in every big bike (non sportster). abs is now an option on a lot of their bikes as well. they also just came out with 3 totally brand new bikes this year. their bikes are all sold for a reason- they are awesome. any other cruiser in my book is a sad imitation. another reason they are so popular is because of the personalization capability with accessories. an example of another company trying to do what HD does is Yamaha's Star motorcycles. nice, but still doesn't come from Milwaukee, York, or KC. When your cruiser is built in Thailand or Japan, it just doesn't evoke the kind of feeling I would want when cruising down Route 66 for example.
I was with you until you made 2 statements:

1. My Nomad will out perform the comparable HD (road king) in EVERY catagory and costs 8-10k less, so it is hardly a sad imitation of anything.

2. My Nomad was built in the good ol' USA. -Not that it matters where it was built.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

These are not gang riders but club riders on their HD's - a couch with two wheels - $20,000 and 20 miles don't make you a biker! Riders ride, poseurs herd.

Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

These are not gang riders but club riders on their HD's - a couch with two wheels - $20,000 and 20 miles don't make you a biker! Riders ride, poseurs herd.

Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Pass that on to the HA or Banditos if you ever run across any of them. Will your bike to me.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I suggest that your group tries the experiment of only passing other vehicles as a group and thus no breaking up is allowed. That would give you an idea how hard it for some people to pass a large mc group.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I really like the vulcan 1500 classic, may buy one. But something about a Harley just makes you feel bad *** (not necessarily act like one). Alas, I do not ride enough to shell out 20,000 for a hog that I really like, nore the mechanical skills to fix it all the time (myth or not), but then again I'm affraid some HD enthusiast, the kind that finger people for passing them, would tip over my "jap crap" in the parking lot. Probably start myself an old school saloon brawl.

As for the waving, when I'm on my klx, i find more (but definately not all) sport bike riders will wave. I figure sometimes they dont is because, well, why take a hand off the bars when going 150 miles an hour. The others usually look at me funny as in "holy crap theres a dirtbike going down the highway, he's nuts". I don't take it personally. And usually I only wave if I've been waved at (since too many times I wave and get nothing back)

Old 07-25-2007, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

I suggest that your group tries the experiment of only passing other vehicles as a group and thus no breaking up is allowed. That would give you an idea how hard it for some people to pass a large mc group.
Me? I already said I usually don't do group rides except for when I used to do this: http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx

I'm just saying respect those that respect you (not the ones you had trouble with).

Have some patience with respectable groups. It is a part of motorcycling that is here to stay and many people do enjoy it.

Don't be doing things that will make them feel the same way about you and the rest of us that prefer not to group ride.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:20 PM

Iowa, I did say performance. My stock Nomad will light up a stock Road King in the 0-60, 1/4, you name it -I'll smile and wave as I leave it in the dust.

I paid 12k for my Nomad and I challeng you to go toa HD dealer and buy a new bike for MSRP. The RKs in two shops I went in were marked up to over 20k.

As for investment, that is what stocks are for. I'll take the 8-10k I didn't spend on a tank badge and use it for road trips. I never buy a bike for the purpose of resaleing it -why would anyone do that?

I never said it was the "best" bike, I just wanted to make the point that it is NOT a "sad imitation" of anything.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 PM

Almost forgot. If you want to talk about devotion to a company the product, NOBODY stacks up to the Japanese. That's why their products are of such high quality.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

and remember 95% of harleys are still on the road, the other 5% made it home. Oh and Iowa don't waste your time flaming me you are still on my blocked list.

Quick Reply: WTF is with these Harley riders?