WTF Japanese KLX with Fuel Injection

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default WTF Japanese KLX with Fuel Injection

Hey don't know if this has been discussed, (didn;t search) anyway just found this from japanese website.

249cc water cooling 4 stroke DOHC engine
The engine of new KLX250 sort loads 4 stroke water cooling one cylinder engine until recently. However, besides the fact that the fuel injection system was adopted anew, efficiency improvement is actualized with the numerous modification point.

Fuel injection
* In order to obtain the performance of the maximum, the fuel injection system of KLX250 uses the particulates conversion injector.
* As a result, very in the rotary limits which especially are used daily smooth engine quality was actualized. And it is easy to handle the pickup from the middle rotary limits sharply.
* Furthermore, fuel injection purification of the exhaust and improvement of starting characteristic, contributes to also high fuel economy efficiency.

Transmission

Links is: http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/klx250/

cheers
Chris.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: WTF Japanese KLX with Fuel Injection

Where have you been, Mate? I've only posted that info a gazillion times.

I think it's a bad move on Kawi's part not the export the fuel injected model. Maybe they're just waiting for one year to work-outany bugs on us poor slobs in the domestic Japanese market. Hopefully that will be the case and you all might see EFI in a year or so.

I have read a few reviews and so far nothing but positives about the EFI. One magazine brought-in a 2007 model, thenran that and thenew EFI model on the same dyno. Just the EFI alone accounted for about a 2.5hp increase at the rear wheel....I'll be anxious to see what a pipe and re-map will do. As soon as that baby hits stateside -well that is IF it does- you know Power Commander will have a program written and an adapter ready for that ECU! I hope that happens because Japan will take forever to do the same thing.

ORIGINAL: chris72a

Hey don't know if this has been discussed, (didn;t search) anyway just found this from japanese website.

249cc water cooling 4 stroke DOHC engine
The engine of new KLX250 sort loads 4 stroke water cooling one cylinder engine until recently. However, besides the fact that the fuel injection system was adopted anew, efficiency improvement is actualized with the numerous modification point.

Fuel injection
* In order to obtain the performance of the maximum, the fuel injection system of KLX250 uses the particulates conversion injector.
* As a result, very in the rotary limits which especially are used daily smooth engine quality was actualized. And it is easy to handle the pickup from the middle rotary limits sharply.
* Furthermore, fuel injection purification of the exhaust and improvement of starting characteristic, contributes to also high fuel economy efficiency.

Transmission

Links is: http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/klx250/

cheers
Chris.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:40 PM
1st Gear Member

so is there any way of buying a system over in japan and haveing it imported, or is it more of a far fetched dream at this point for us "main landers" ? j/w if you've seen them on like japanese ebay or something... does anyone else here in the states have one that we know of?

Old 04-26-2008, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Thiings can be shipped to the US from Japan and abroad "under the radar" but tremor won't be able to help ya .....he is either in the military orcontractor for them.

You will have to pick it up at a major port .... like Miami.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

pics or links aren't working. EFI would be cool over here for next year. bringing the d-tracker would kill as well. some companies are just too messed up or don't know enough of what their customers want to see the light. take Ford for instance- everyone wants them to bring over the European version Focus and Mondeo but they won't. They will be instant successes but for some dumb reason they give us watered down crap versions of the Focus.And then Kawi wonders why there are still new '06's sitting on dealer floors. Try finding a new DRZSM, it isn't easy. The d-tracker would sell as fast as they could uncrate them if they tried it here.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry Tremor, don't know how I could have missed your posts it certainly would have grabbed my attention.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, with the Ford thing. Its true. I'm getting tired of big companies not truely listening to the customer. With Kawi, I would like to see a mid-size (450cc) dual-sport with the EFI package. I love the KLX250 for the nimblness, light weight, and fuel economy. But it does not have the power when I want it. The Versys would be nice, but then I could not drive off-road. The KLR650 would be the best bet, but its not as nimble as the KLX and harder to get around on tight trails.

Decision, decision, decisions. [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 04-27-2008, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Get.[sm=nxsmile.gif]
Go on, set the bar.
ORIGINAL: LearjetMinako

Well, with the Ford thing. Its true. I'm getting tired of big companies not truely listening to the customer. With Kawi, I would like to see a mid-size (450cc) dual-sport with the EFI package. I love the KLX250 for the nimblness, light weight, and fuel economy. But it does not have the power when I want it. The Versys would be nice, but then I could not drive off-road. The KLR650 would be the best bet, but its not as nimble as the KLX and harder to get around on tight trails.

Decision, decision, decisions. [sm=icon_beat.gif]
[sm=signs007.gif]

Old 04-27-2008, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

No worries...just having some fun at your expense. My dealer is haviing one of those fairs next month were you can test drive everthing in his shop. He doesn't have any new D-trackers or KLX in stock yet though. Too bad, I really wanted to see how the FI and new suspension feels.

Guess I'll just settle for taking the new Ninja 250, ZX-10R, Z-1000, W650 and KDX220, out for a spin. [8D] Oh, and one can't forget the mighty KX250F. I get the most out those test ride fairs . He also has a ZZR-1400, but somehow those don't appeal to me. Too muchoverkillI guess. The ZRX-1200 looks pretty inviting though.

One thing I noticed in the part fich for the new KLX is that the O2 sensor isthreaded into the inlet pipe which is welded directly to the stock muffler. Any aftermarket slip-on or full exhaust would have to include an adapter fittingor trip to a welder would be necessary.

ORIGINAL: chris72a

Sorry Tremor, don't know how I could have missed your posts it certainly would have grabbed my attention.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=interesting.gif]

Quick Reply: WTF Japanese KLX with Fuel Injection