Worst Motorcycle fear witnessed

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Worst Motorcycle fear witnessed

ORIGINAL: 09klx250t9f

All the more reasons I hate cagers!!! i agree yapping on phones and trying to drink a coffee at the same time...
the worst Especially is some young punk in a honda or something tailgating me or trying to race...it pisses me off to no end like grab a brain and go crash in to another idiots ricer car......not me
I sure hope he is going to be ok.......

on a few occasions i've had people follow way too close and i'm the first to turn around look right at the guy and wave my hand as to say "back off" usally they listen right away and when they dont i pull over....

actually just yesterday I was on my buddies bike (drz 400) and i had my woman on the back with me. just going for a beach cruze, and sure enough this dudes righ up my Azz.... so i make a good space between the car ahead of me turn my head right around and look at the guy and just did the wave... its kinda like your sweeping the floor but more like "get the F@#$ off my tail or you gunna get it" wave. lol and you know what, it worked like a charm... i dont think i've ever seen anyone go from 5 feet away to over a 1/4 mile back so fast. hehehehe

just a little trick i found that works for me... just remember to create a GOOD space ahead of you. your still puttin your self in danger just by lookin back, but i feel its less dangerous then getting run over from behind.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

it takes as many decisions per second to fly a jet fighter plane as it does to ride a motorcycle.....
My brother in law is/was a fighter pilot, retired last spring becuase he's too old to fly anymore (42) lol. He was an instructure since about a year or two after Kosovo. Anyway, he rides with me sometimes; I'll have to get his take on that. Never really thought about it, but if you're fast in the woods, I'll bet it's pretty close. I heard once when I was a kid from these older riders, that a two stroke 125 or 250 (I forget exactly), has the same power:weight ratio for accelration from a dead stop, relatively speaking, to a drag car. I wonder if that's really true. I only weigh 155, on a CR 250 I feel like I'm on a rocket.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09klx250t9f

All the more reasons I hate cagers!!! i agree yapping on phones and trying to drink a coffee at the same time...
the worst Especially is some young punk in a honda or something tailgating me or trying to race...it pisses me off to no end like grab a brain and go crash in to another idiots ricer car......not me
I sure hope he is going to be ok.......
young punk ricer here but dont worry about me i love my car,my life,my passengers,other traffic im always tryin to stay alert especally with bikes i stay as far as possible away from a bike. Ive had people honk at me cuase i was stopped behind a bike at a red light 4 car lenths from the bike. I dont wanna be pushed into a bike ya know what i mean

Old 05-09-2008, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

We had a bike accident here yesterday (Salt Lake City) during rush hour the car made a right turn into the path of the bike, the rider was killed from masive head trauma (no helmet) no citation issued.

It doesn't even appear to be a very bad accident and happend on State Street which is a major N/S artery in the valley with a 35MPH speed limit.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:20 PM
1st Gear Member

most motorcycle deaths happen at lest than 45mph

Old 05-09-2008, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks! I generally ride at my cabin in the country because I can't stand the idiots in the city. And I've been trying to put miles on during the dang breakin period on my KLX, so I can't do my usual mode of always moving faster than the traffic around me. I've been tailgated like crazy recently, usually young girls or old guys in trucks.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats just another reason why I don't like riding on the street that much.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Its stupid to ride without helmets.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I Know first hand What it feels like to be in a horrible motorcycle accident. Back in 1991 I was involved in a near fatal (Me) motorcycle accident, This accident was my fault, I was on the motorcycle, I hit the back end of a chevy pickup doing approx. 80kph. I spent 3 months in intensive care at the U of A, I had complete facial reconstruction (7 steel plates Full face helmet shattered!!), Fake Knee, Pelvic reconstruction (6 steel plates), 2 plates and 4 pins in left wrist........................My first thought was what the F@#K happened, and my second thought was Did I Hurt anyone else?.... Sorry guys I got a little off topic. Just Drive Safe, and remember No amount is a safe amount!!!

Ken

Old 05-11-2008, 05:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Name:  forks.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  139.9 KB

does he like the quicker steering?