Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Wolfman bags

Last one

Old 05-04-2008, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

It's such a small world. I had lunch with Eric "Wolfman" Hougen, monday before last after visiting him at his home/basement shop in Longmont, Colorado. He was backed up on orders, yet he stopped long enough to show me around and have lunch at TGIF's a mile from his house. Eric is amazing. I will share a few excerpts from what I wrote about that visit. You're the first to see this!

Focus. That’s the key to doing anything well. Eric Hougen, aka “Wolfman,” sets the standard when it comes to paying attention to the details that matter most. Eric owns Wolfman Luggage, a company that specializes in hand crafting nothing but the finest soft and durable bags for adventure and dual-sport lovers...

...Eric subscribes to a well founded and proven tradition. “Make a great product and sell it at a reasonable price.” To do that, he has kept his position as chief cook and bottle washer for Wolfman Luggage. The “Wolfman” employs a handful of folks who have come to be his close friends, to help with cutting, sewing and assembling. He builds, packages and sells what he makes in the basement of his home.

Brian, it's such a small world. Eric told me about sending out those buckles and straps. I had no idea that it was you he sent them to! Amazing.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma
Ride Oklahoma/Adventure Motorcycle-Dual Sport News Magazines

Old 05-04-2008, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

ehh who let shadetree post an article from somewhere else. there is copyright laws. dont quote from other sites like that please unless you have permission from the owner or someone of that site. thanks

Old 05-04-2008, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I think it's HIS editorial.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh ok my bad. I thought he copied it from some site.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djmerullo

ehh who let shadetree post an article from somewhere else. there is copyright laws. dont quote from other sites like that please unless you have permission from the owner or someone of that site. thanks
Relax dj. It's cool. That is not a quote from an article...yet. As I stated in my post, and I will quote,
"I will share a few excerpts from what I wrote about that visit. You're the first to see this! "

Those are my words and my opinion after meeting with Eric. But thanks for the compliment. If it looks good enough to cause concern, it must be ok.

Bill

Old 05-05-2008, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL sorry bro I didnt mean to cause any riff. I was just playing around when I said that. I added a drybox on the rear lugg rack and I wanna know what kinda bag I should get for the gas tank. But I am thinking about changing to the plastic tank.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SherpaDude

It looks like the Wolfman Enduro mounts just behind the gas cap. True? Otherwise, refueling might not be fun.
On the KLX it covers up the gas cap. No big deal, just unhook the front strap and slide it back a little to put gas in. Then just fasten it back. Takes just a few seconds.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djmerullo

LOL sorry bro I didnt mean to cause any riff. I was just playing around when I said that. I added a drybox on the rear lugg rack and I wanna know what kinda bag I should get for the gas tank. But I am thinking about changing to the plastic tank.
No worries, dj. No riff either. I understand what you mean. We don't really want to load up with advertising other than what we have experienced on our own. I just think it's cool when we get to actually meet the folks who build this stuff. In most cases that means that they live right here in the good o'l USA, no offense to our friends down under or across the pond.

Some time back I did a story for Adventure Motorcycle/Dual Sport News called "The Passion Behind the Power," about guys like Marvin Claridge with Kustom Kraft, Jerry Leighton with Four Stroke Works, all the gang at Web Cams, Bill Blue and Luke Heaney with Luke's Racing. I have been fortunate to track down all but Luke so far. They keep us going, don't they?

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma