Winter Riding Safty Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Winter Riding Safty Information

Sounds like it could have been really bad.
Sorry, but while I was reading your account I found myself wearing a big smile because of the picture that I had in my mind.
Don't pay no mind to my sick sense of humor. I'm just glad that we can laugh about it afterwards, with only minor injuries.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: chris72a

Hey Deej,

Sorry to be off topic but I couldn't help thinking do you actually ride that bike, or was that pic taken when brand new, no scratches no nothing, I've only had mine about 2 months and half the paint on the engine is scratched off from my boots etc.. I'd like to find some colour matched paint if anyone knows???

Cheers
Chris.
LOL I was thinking the same thing when I saw the picture. Sorry to hear about your burns hope thing heal quickly!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey don't hate me because my bike is clean, besides its not that clean anymore. That picture was taken after I detailed the bike. It was the summer of 06--six months after I got it. And yea I don't have scratches on it because I don't want any scratches on it. I ride trails, fire roads, and the highway, my first and only low side so far was three weeks ago on the ice, and even then it didn't scratch the bike, I guess I'm destined to win the award for the most miles while still looking good. Oh and the bike too.[8D] Come to think of it, that was the last time I rode the bike........three weeks, man has it been that long? I mean sure we have had either snow or ice and I have been busy with installing 200ft of new fence in my back yard, but man this will be a good test for the start up procedure so aptly named the "deej procedure". We shall see. Unfortunately it snowed here again last night and it already had frozen stuff underneath. I had to use the back side of my shop broom just to break off the frozen tundra off my windshield this morning, three inches of permacrap. I hate snow.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

dang that sounds scary[&:]glad ur ok man!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member

DEEJ!!! How do you not have any boot rub marks on your frame or clutch cover!?

Old 01-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirt_beaver

DEEJ!!! How do you not have any boot rub marks on your frame or clutch cover!?
I don't wear riding boots, they are the single reason for paint rubs on bikes. Get this, my wife's' bike with only 600 miles on it was spotless, and a few months back when I took it and a friend riding for the day over at Tahuya, in just a half day his riding boots wore off the paint on the side covers. No thanks, I like my camo boots and jeans.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Protect the body or protect the paint....easy enough choice for me. But then again I fall off alot and the bike likes to tackle me as well.........

Old 01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I thought Carharrts were supposed to be fire retardant...I wanted a jacketfor work, but that wouldn'tfly too long if they aren't.

Glad you're ok man, I would have freaked out and slapped the front brake and made a mess ofthe pavement. What do you do for work?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Nah I'm allright I ride with a first aid kit and it had some burn ointment in it, applied it when i got back to the warehouse. Chrome heat sheild would be nice. Got called ghost ride when i got back from dinner break. I laugh about it now, could of been worse. Got up to 62°F Today here in south jersey.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
I don't wear riding boots, they are the single reason for paint rubs on bikes. Get this, my wife's' bike with only 600 miles on it was spotless, and a few months back when I took it and a friend riding for the day over at Tahuya, in just a half day his riding boots wore off the paint on the side covers. No thanks, I like my camo boots and jeans.
deej.....you're joking right

If you let your wife ride her bike w/o ridin boots.....that is just irresponsible as a husband.....you're a big boy and can ride in a tank top, shorts an slaps, your choice and your F'up ankles for the rest of your life......but ya got to protect the lady....not the paint.

Quick Reply: Winter Riding Safty Information