Winter Riding Safty Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Winter Riding Safty Information

Today heading off to get dinner for break at work (dinner cause i work nights, 8:10pm). Headed down the road aways, got onto the highway and said Damm my leg is hot, look over and heres my pants blazing on fire. Turns out my Carharrts were touching the exhuast pipe set those, my kahakis, my thermal pants and my socks on fire. got either 1 or 2 degree burns on the inside on my shin. luckly no cars were around after smothing the fire out i ended up in the lane next to me. Keep cool and calm and tryed not to freak out.

Since it is winter time and you will be putting on extra layers, Check and make shure your pants arent baggy or loose.

One muzzy flaming muzzletuff please.
Be safe & and check for loose clothing before heading out to ride, might not get as lucky me.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Winter Riding Safty Information

Yikes! Now you know how it feels to ride in the desert during the summer without having to come down here!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

This is the third post about pants I've replied to tonight. Anyhow digitaloverkill, hope you heal fast!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dang, Nate, glad it didn't turn out worse. That had to be pretty scary. Good thing nothing was coming in the other direction. Stop, drop, and roll!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

I had a similar experience but i thought it was just my own stupidity.......I've since bought some legit riding pants (fieldsheer adventure) and they have a real heat shield molded into them.....major difference.Now i didn't get major burns because i stopped at a light and smelled burning stuff...LOL.....I hope you glue back up well and feel better soon.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Shoot Nate, that sounds like a scary moment to say the least.[&:] Do you have one of these on the pipe? It helps, I melted some riding pants before I put it on and now I don't really even feel the heat anymore.

Name:  Picture_0146.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  103.1 KB

Old 01-07-2008, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

LOL....DEEJ has added chrome to his bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHROME!!!!!!!!!!! wow....that is awesome....Deej I just use the standard heat shield attached to my FSW header......still if the fabric is laying on it it is bad news.......nice chrome though....

Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Deej,

Sorry to be off topic but I couldn't help thinking do you actually ride that bike, or was that pic taken when brand new, no scratches no nothing, I've only had mine about 2 months and half the paint on the engine is scratched off from my boots etc.. I'd like to find some colour matched paint if anyone knows???

Cheers
Chris.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

deej only rides through clean water....lol....

that sucks nate, that would scare the crap outta me... especially if your going fast on a busy road....

Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
1st Gear Member

I hate to say it, but that sounded funny "my leg felt hot". Would have been scary thou that's for sure.

Maybe you are the Ghost Rider?

Hope your leg heals fast

Quick Reply: Winter Riding Safty Information